Offbeat Weddings
Options

Campground wedding

If you were going to attend a wedding taken place at a campground event center, would you prefer a brunch or dinner plate? I am torn between both because i see the amazing possibility of both. was looking for some others to try and persuade me! haha :)
*CowFish Kisses*

Re: Campground wedding

• Options
    What time of year is it?  If it is in the summer, I would prefer dinner because it's going to be hot and it will be cooler at night at a campground.  If it's at a cooler time of year, brunch sounds good.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    I agree with Sessionswedding. If it will be hot then dinner would be the best as it is cooler and no one likes to eat when they're hot.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options
    I am tentatively planning a campground wedding as well.  Here's what we're thinking: ceremony at sunrise followed by a breakfast reception.  Then, there will be some downtime (think nap time) and then we'll have a bonfire/camping party that night for anyone who wants to spend the night with us.  So, the breakfast reception is for everyone and is the official wedding and the party at night is just a party where we'll be wearing jeans and drinking beer.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_campground-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:9b36fe20-ff3f-42c9-93ff-a5b7ac193b14Post:83ba765d-58d6-49d6-b04a-7e2e38a46b97">Re: Campground wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am tentatively planning a campground wedding as well.  Here's what we're thinking: ceremony at sunrise followed by a breakfast reception.  Then, there will be some downtime (think nap time) and then we'll have a bonfire/camping party that night for anyone who wants to spend the night with us.  So, the breakfast reception is for everyone and is the official wedding and the party at night is just a party where we'll be wearing jeans and drinking beer.
    Posted by teenytina[/QUOTE]
    That sounds like a really fun wedding!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks everyone! teeny, your suggestion sounds amazing and im glad sesions brought up the heat factor... im having an august wedding and lord knows why the weather didnt dawn on me haha. But im really liking the downtime idea during the day and coming back together at night, thanks!
    *CowFish Kisses*
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_campground-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:9b36fe20-ff3f-42c9-93ff-a5b7ac193b14Post:de226433-002d-425d-92f8-e0742e428b3e">Re: Campground wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone! teeny, your suggestion sounds amazing and<strong> im glad sesions brought up the heat factor</strong>... im having an august wedding and lord knows why the weather didnt dawn on me haha. But im really liking the downtime idea during the day and coming back together at night, thanks!
    Posted by kdb1986[/QUOTE]
    When you live in southern Alabama, you are ALWAYS bringing up the heat factor, LOL!

ETA:  Notice from my signature that I'm getting married in November.  There's a reason fall is such a popular wedding season for Southern brides.  ;-)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards