April 2012 Weddings

Too late to elope? Already sent invites.

Just sent out our wedding invites for our April 2012 wedding and all this drama is coming up such as bridesmaids dresses bought already don't fit so we have to go and get new ones for all girls, everyone trying to put in their opinions and stressed out completely between planning and work life. Is it too late to just elope the two of us, no party or anything? How could we tell everyone since we just sent out invites? Seriously thinking better off eloping and save the money for house and forget the stress.

Re: Too late to elope? Already sent invites.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_late-elope-already-sent-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b14629d0-64a2-44ec-8f20-2090b8f44356Post:5178ecd9-a573-4368-ab77-57eaf1ea070a">Re: Too late to elope? Already sent invites.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you really want to elope, or are you just stressed out right now?  I would wait to calm down and maybe get through your current biggest issues before making the decision.  Can anyone help you deal with wedding stress/to-dos? That said, since your invites went out, you cannot elope unless you send all of them a wedding cancellation immediately.  Just an announcement that says "The wedding of X and Y will not take place as planned."  Or you need to call them all.  (And any gifts already purchased for you/checks should go back.)  In the end, that all might be more of a hassle for you!
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]

ditto this exactly!!! Great points mdphd!
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • I agree with mdphd as usual! She has great points you need to consider. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_late-elope-already-sent-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b14629d0-64a2-44ec-8f20-2090b8f44356Post:5178ecd9-a573-4368-ab77-57eaf1ea070a">Re: Too late to elope? Already sent invites.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you really want to elope, or are you just stressed out right now?  I would wait to calm down and maybe get through your current biggest issues before making the decision.  Can anyone help you deal with wedding stress/to-dos? That said, since your invites went out, you cannot elope unless you send all of them a wedding cancellation immediately.  Just an announcement that says "The wedding of X and Y will not take place as planned."  Or you need to call them all.  (And any gifts already purchased for you/checks should go back.)  In the end, that all might be more of a hassle for you!
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ditto 100%. Considering that you just sent the invites out, I really doubt that you truly want to elope. The stress of everything is just getting to you. Heck, it’s getting to me too! Take some time to sit back & take a much needed break. <p style="margin-left:0.5in;" class="MsoNormal"> </p></div>
  • I understand how you feel.  I've said this exact thing to my FI everytime something is more expensive than I planned, or doesn't go the way I planned.  Sometimes we just feel overwhelmed and giving up the "wedding" just so we can have the marriage (the real goal anyway) seems like an awesome idea....for about 10 min.

I think at the end of the day, at least for me, while I would be thrilled to save the money, especially to use for a house, in 10 years when I look back on my wedidng, I don't want to have regrets or feel like I settled or sold myself short.  My guess is, you planned a bigger wedding bc that was your vision and its what you want.  Just try to relax and remember that everything will work out.
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think everyone has made really good points.  Just consider all aspects before making this decision.  There are a lot of things (ie sending a cancellation card or calling everyone, sending back gifts etc) that will need to be done if you decide to elope.
  • I know that planning a wedding plus work and life in general can be a very stressful combination.  I think you just need to take a step back and think about what you want to do and think about the options that you have.  As far as the dresses, is there anything that can be done like alterations? Did the store mess up the sizes? I would call the store and see if they can work with you maybe they can help you with that just so that you don't have to order new dresses. 

Good luck,

Jen

~~* Jen *~~
  • I feel that way almost every day. think on it overnight
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards