Rhode Island

DJ's?

I am on the DJ search for our April Wedding at the Atlantic Beach Club and every local DJ website I go on I don't get an actual sound/demo from one of their events.
I tried to search through YouTube.com but only get one DJ (and I am not really liking him).

Can anyone advise a good DJ for me?
We are an up beat crowd that likes Todays Hits and we want to find someone that can match our up beat spirits all night long.

Any adivce would be greatfully appreciated.

Re: DJ's?

• edited December 2011
    I Highly recommend Mike Mancini.       He was GREAT.  People that were attending another wedding called the hotel to see who our dj was.  He is on the higher end price wise, but deff worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_djs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:4fb0ae92-c1e9-420f-b677-61180da9a8d4Post:5db846f2-4d58-4f5a-84a3-55a069c3e348">Re: DJ's?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I Highly recommend Mike Mancini.       He was GREAT.  People that were attending another wedding called the hotel to see who our dj was.  He is on the higher end price wise, but deff worth it!
    Posted by ~*Kelly*~[/QUOTE]

Wow. THIS!!   I'm using him at the ABC in September they love him there and everyone I've spoken to has had a great review of him!  <a href="http://www.ristardj.com/">www.ristardj.com</a>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We booked All 4 You based on reccs from this board. We're getting five hours (plus ceremony if we choose to add) and uplighting for about the same or less than quotes we got from other DJs. I've heard nothing but raves about them here. It's a husband and wife team; he DJs and she does the announcing and acts as a coordinator for the reception events. ETA: They have an amazing Bose system, which they demonstrated during our first meeting with them and they hosted a showcase in January for all their couples at 1149 East where they gave us a sample of their work.
  • edited December 2011
    He is on the expensive side but Victor from Partytime is great!  I just recently booked him he actually gives you a demo during your meeting with him which I loved.  Another DJ that has video of a demo is Luke's DJ Service.  You can find it on their Facebook page.
  • edited December 2011
    Victor from Partytime! I asked him about an entrance to "I Got A Feeling" and he instantly started playing it and remixed it so it would be perfectly timed for an entrance. The guy's a genious. As soon as we left the appointment, my fiance and I knew he was the one.
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out All 4 You!  We were so happy we chose Anne & Glen!  They kept the reception flowing nicely & our dance floor PACKED all night!!
  • edited December 2011
    3rd for All 4 You!  They are fabulous
  • edited December 2011
    My recommendations are:

Victor From Partytime
    Bobby from Main Event
    Luke of Luke's DJ
    Job from Rhythm Productions
  • edited December 2011
    Victor from PartyTime!! You can read my reviews in my Bio and look down a few posts to see pictures from my wedding and look for Victor rocking it :)
  • edited December 2011

Arpeggio or Luke's DJ.

"Affordable Collection of Bridal Accessories, Favors and Personalized Keepsakes to Fit your Budget."

• edited December 2011
    We're going with All 4 You also.  Our wedding is in November, but I have no doubt in my mind that they will be awesome!  They were fantastic when we met with them.  I love that their is 2 of them.  They compliment each other nicely.  A very nice balance!  and very reasonable pricing!
  • amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow ! Thanks for all of the advice.
    I called All for You and have a meeting set up for next week.
    I think with all the suggestions for Partytime I am going to have to contact them next.

Anybody have any advice on Xtreme from E. Providence? I have a meeting with him next week too. He sounds good, but as I read some blogs of other meetings the meeting and what happens at the actual reception can be off.
  • mam217mam217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are another All 4 You DJ - we loved their personality and their price was great.  I have heard nothing but great things about them
  • mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VICTOR FROM PARTY TIME! He's going to DJ our wedding in October and we've been to a few that he's worked...he keeps everything running smoothly, MCing the whole night and perfectly matching the bride and groom's style. You don't need to give him a playlist either, which I love. He has these lists online when you book him and you can give him as much info on the wedding/you/the wedding party as you want -so on the wedding day it's like you've known him personally for years! HIGHLY recommend! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Moondance?  They have a few different DJs there and they are very reasonably priced.  We are using Alan for our October wedding.  He also was the DJ at FI's brother's wedding a couple years ago and we had a blast!
  • edited December 2011
    We're also going with Moondance, Suzanne.  I can't tell you too much about her now since our wedding is at the end of august, but I really like her so far.
  • edited December 2011
    We were referred to Victor from Partytime, but he was unavailable. Victor referred me to George from CE DJ in Fall River. He said George was fantastic for getting the crowd together. Specifically, we needed someone creative because our reception is at RI Country Club and the dinner area and dancing area are seperate. If George is available for your date and Victor is not, go with George. We are having him on 9/4/10.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards