Not Engaged Yet

S/O Prison

Do you know someone that is/has serve(d) time?
I'm not good at feelings.

Re: S/O Prison

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I've known a few. Some justified...others not. That's the problem with our justice system.

ETA: Also- my dad used to work in a jail.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have a cousin who had to serve something like 2 weeks for a DWI, but it didn't have to be continuous.  She went every weekend for a couple months.
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    My dad's uncle, who lives(lived?) in Toronto, was badly burned in a shady business deal gone wrong. He drove over to the restaurant where he knew the man was eating, walked in, shot him, and waited on the stoop outside for the cops to arrest him. I can't answer the poll because I am actually not sure if he is still serving time or not. I don't think he is, but I'm not sure.

ETA: The man he killed was a royal scumbag, who had killed other people. I'm not saying that makes it okay, but I wanted to clarify that he wasn't killing a kindergarten teacher or something.
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately.
    White Knot
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ExH and his fiancee are both currently serving time.

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_prison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7650f768-f782-4357-a3bd-9401e7b5f275Post:705141ef-04c6-468a-906d-228e7b397308">Re: S/O Prison</a>:
    [QUOTE]ExH and his fiancee are both currently serving time.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

And rightfully so.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I know quite a few kids who went to juvi while I was in high school, I would not be surprised at all if some of them were in jail now.

I do know someone who is in jail for child molestation though. She was a trainer at the gym my family goes to and worked as a teacher in one of the middle schools. When she was arrested nobody believed it at first but she ended up confessing to having inappropriate relations with one of her students.

Also this is a case that REALLY pisses me off http://www.queerty.com/did-their-high-school-rape-hazing-just-catch-up-to-these-college-football-players-20101217/

It happened a couple towns down from where I grew up and the town actually defended the actions of these boys. It makes me absolutely sick to know people could defend such behavior.

Oh and a girl BF went to high school with just got arrested for stealing a baby.

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_prison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7650f768-f782-4357-a3bd-9401e7b5f275Post:705141ef-04c6-468a-906d-228e7b397308">Re: S/O Prison</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>ExH and his fiancee</strong> are both currently serving time.

<div>...twatwaffles.</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_prison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7650f768-f782-4357-a3bd-9401e7b5f275Post:3f8821ec-4289-4cac-b372-67f181cde647">Re: S/O Prison</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I know someone who has served time and is now out. In college, BF and his friend were drunk at a party. Friend drove them both home and totalled the car and caused them both significant injuries. (Both are fine now.) BF was not the one driving but was still drunk so he got in trouble. BF has never done anything like that again...friend went out drunk driving a few years later and got in a crash that killed the other driver. He got time for that, and just got out last year. <strong>Don't drink and drive, people.
    </strong>Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

The person I know who served time also drove drunk and killed the other driver. Seriously, what Liv said.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_prison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7650f768-f782-4357-a3bd-9401e7b5f275Post:fef3ba3c-b464-4817-9898-ce3d8551ee3d">Re: S/O Prison</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O Prison : ...twatwaffles.
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]
    I <3 you and that word.

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_prison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7650f768-f782-4357-a3bd-9401e7b5f275Post:6cd26483-748e-4a15-9c36-557923efd216">Re: S/O Prison</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O Prison : I <3 you and that word.

<div>D'awwww, shucks!

<3 you too:)</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_prison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7650f768-f782-4357-a3bd-9401e7b5f275Post:fef3ba3c-b464-4817-9898-ce3d8551ee3d">Re: S/O Prison</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O Prison : ...twatwaffles.
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]
    You can say that again! <div>
    </div><div>ETA: I answered no to this question, but I could be wrong. . . just no one off the top of my head. Which surprises me because my family are kind of hicks on the one side. </div>
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Paige, you beat me to it!  I've been itching to use that word lately.

FI's sister's BFs (every one she's ever had) have done time.

A friend of the family's daughter when she was 16 got schwasted, drove, totaled her car and came home and started throwing bottles and all sorts of stuff.  Her parents called the cops (they had brought her home because she was underage) and had her arrested.  They let her sit for like a week or so before they bailed her back out.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a guy who was jailed for murder. I kid you not. I remember reading about it in the paper quite a few years back, and then once he got out, he started dating a friend of the family. They actually got married, but it didn't last. He can't get a job because of his criminal record. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know a few people.   I am not sure why one guy is there.  The other is there for a sex offender. 
    I live in a small town though. I know lots of people busted for drugs.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    My biological dad almost went to prison for theft, he was charged with theft over $5000 (the more serious theft for those not familiar with Canadian law) but somehow he got out of it.  Probably cause he was a cop at the time.  In any case he was forced to resign and now lives out his days being a twatwaffle.  I haven't had anything to do with him since that happened, when I was 12 or so.
    I can't think of anyone that I know that has actually went to prison though.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I went on a couple dates with a guy I went to HS with...was set up by a mutual friend. I felt like he was a little off and so I broke things off pretty early on. Then years later...I find out he murdered a girl he met on Facebook. How creepy is that??? I have to admit, it freaked me out more than a little. BUT, he is serving a life sentence without parole. Horrible story (John Gaumer):

http://www.baltimoretimeline.com/murders2.htm
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a couple family members who are constantly in and out. It's always justified for them.

Right now only one of them is and the other is not. I know a few others, but they aren't people I really have any contact with anymore.
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    One of my uncles has been in and out of jail a few times for drugs.  I don't think he's ever served any 'hard time' though, it's usually just a couple months at a time.  His son, however, was recently arrested for helping a friend/serial killer dismember and burn the bodies of his victims.  I haven't seen this cousin since we were both like 3 years old, but I'm pretty sure he's still in prison and will be for quite some time.

About a year and a half ago, this guy at my old job came in crying because his wife was missing and he thought she left him for another guy that she worked with.  Turned out he strangled her to death and dumped her body in the desert.  The cops think he did it at night, put her body in the trunk of his car, came to work, and then dumped her body...I usually parked next to him, so there's a chance that when I pulled into work that day, he had his dead wife in the trunk. 
    Anniversary
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_prison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7650f768-f782-4357-a3bd-9401e7b5f275Post:fe8be4fb-4ab3-49b2-973f-0ad395ee395f">Re: S/O Prison</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my uncles has been in and out of jail a few times for drugs.  I don't think he's ever served any 'hard time' though, it's usually just a couple months at a time.  His son, however, was recently arrested for helping a friend/serial killer dismember and burn the bodies of his victims.  I haven't seen this cousin since we were both like 3 years old, but I'm pretty sure he's still in prison and will be for quite some time. About a year and a half ago, this guy at my old job came in crying because his wife was missing and he thought she left him for another guy that she worked with.  Turned out he strangled her to death and dumped her body in the desert.  The cops think he did it at night, put her body in the trunk of his car, came to work, and then dumped her body...I usually parked next to him, so there's a chance that when I pulled into work that day, he had his dead wife in the trunk. 
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]
    Wow. . . those are some really disturbing stories. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, my uncle who served like 15 or 16 but not back to back and FI firend who is currently in prison. (5 too 99)
  • edited December 2011
    My BF's best friend has been in jail twice for DUI and he's only 20. :(
    He's real worried about him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards