Canada-Ontario

DealTicker Floral Package Today Only

I found this deal today (here) for a bridal floral package. All arrangements are made of roses.

$99 for 1 Bridal Bouquet (max 24 stems), 1 Groom's Boutonniere, 4 Brides Maids Bouquets (max 15 stems each), 4 Grooms Men Boutonnieres, 2 Mother's Corsages, 2 Father's Boutonniere.

It's a very tempting offer, that's a lot of flowers for a very low price, but it's pretty scary to make such a quick decision, and I'm not REALLY excited about roses, as I had my heart set on the way out of price range calla lilies. I could maybe get calla lilies if it was a fake single stem. lol. Roses may be 'predictable' but they are pretty...

What do you ladies think?
White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DealTicker Floral Package Today Only

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that price is really low...I would be wary of that package.  I would look into the place offering it before you take it!  My bouquet alone was $75, and it was mostly roses.  Here it is with me and my photog (and cousin), Joni!
  • lilmiss_34lilmiss_34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is really low, they value the deal at $700 though. I am a little weary of the place because it seems they are primary a spa who does wedding decor on the side.
    What is the other flower in your bouquet? Your bouquet is so pretty with the pink touches. How many stems did you have?

Thanks for the help Littin!
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are stephanotis in it too with little jewels in the center.  The roses are Bridal Akito Ecuadorian and Vendela Ecuadorian, plus I think the pink are called Peekaboo.  I had to look at my invoice to find that out.  I think there are few mixed white ones for texture as well.  I have no idea how many stems.  I was also wrong on the price - it was $125.  My florist is a family friend and I trusted her to do everything.  I really had no idea what I wanted except that I wanted mostly ivory roses with a bit of pink for colour.  She did a great job!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 4 corsages, 9 boutonnieres, and a toss bouquet (included free to match mine) plus my bouquet for about $700 so that's a crazy price all for $99.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info! Apparently, it's also going to be about $40 for delivery to GTA. I called and they agreed to let me come in next Sunday far an initial consultation and they'll honour the price.
    I feel very iffy about this, but I get myself worked up pretty easily. lol. I could also possibly get my backdrop from them which would make life easier.
    They're based in Mississauga, so I hope it wont be a complete waste of time.
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nicolecayernicolecayer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please let us know how it goes! I almost purchased this!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I had the meeting yesterday, and it went really well. The flower deal is with a company called Weddings Etc. (website) which is a new extension of services on Rejuvenation Day Spa. The woman I met with was named Natia, and she is extremely friendly and accommodating. A great example of this is that because we are also renting a backdrop, she is completely dropping the delivery charge (which would be about $45 from Mississauga to downtown TO), and she is going to come set up the backdrop, then come back at the end of the night to tear it down! No worries or stress for me Laughing. AND when we got to talking and I mentioned I was planning to get my eyebrows waxed soon, she got me into the spa right away for half price eyebrow waxing! lol.

The deal was:
     $99 for 1 Bridal Bouquet (max 24 stems), 1 Groom's Boutonniere, 4 Brides Maids Bouquets (max 15 stems each), 4 Grooms Men Boutonnieres, 2 Mother's Corsages, 2 Father's Boutonniere. (Value $700)
    I changed around the arrangements a bit since I didn't need as many as one thing, but more of another. We discussed my colours and what could be done to incorporate them. Pretty easy to do with black and ivory.

They also do lots of other wedding decor, including backdrops, which we did end up renting from her as well. The backdrops range from $200-$1500. We got a pretty simple backdrop for $250 of approx. 9x9 of 1 ivory curtain with 2 black swags.

Highly recommended.
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad it all worked out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards