Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

New Knot Layout...

Sorry I have to vent and I feel like I am the only one...
I had NO IDEA the knot was changing and this new layout it killing me!
It slows my computer down, the knot tv is ruining my experience on the community board and it is preventing me from wanting to post or even navigate through here!
Everytime I go to community any computer I work on goes so slow and the knot TV skips non stop and it reloads after I have stopped it!

Anyone else feeling this way!?
Or does anyone know hot to get rid of the knot TV?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New Knot Layout...

• edited December 2012
    Sorry I have to vent and I feel like I am the only one...
    I had NO IDEA the knot was changing and this new layout it killing me!
    It slows my computer down, the knot tv is ruining my experience on the community board and it is preventing me from wanting to post or even navigate through here!
    Everytime I go to community any computer I work on goes so slow and the knot TV skips non stop and it reloads after I have stopped it!

Anyone else feeling this way!?
    Or does anyone know hot to get rid of the knot TV?
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    This will link you to no tv, but it's still slow.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat

If it makes you feel any better, the changes mean I can't log in and I had to create a whole new account. 
  • edited December 2012
    I have the same feelings and problems. I hate it!!! It takes forever to load and move around. I noticed I've come on less because i just dont want to deal with it :(
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2012
    I hardly come on anymore too b/c its too difficult to work on now!

Thanks for the link too!
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I'm getting used to it.  It's still really slow, but at least I'm not getting errors anymore.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2012
    same feelings here.  I've posted a few times and quickly deleted my posts because I couldn't seem to get rid of my old siggy.  Maybe I wasn't patient enough.  I deleted my old inner bride avatar and she's still there haunting me.

Argh. 
  • edited December 2012
    Ugh, YES! I come on here to find help in my moments of stress and frustration and only become MORE irritated with this new DUMB layout!

CHANGE IT BACK! CHANGE IT BACK! CHANGE IT BACK!

I'm mean, who thought this was better? If it isn't broke, DON"T FIX IT!!!

Sorry for the rant, I told you this place irritates me now :*(
  • veryjudd54veryjudd54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    i am 100% avoiding the knot b/c of the layout and that really upsets me. I think this change is going to force a lot of ppl to stop...Hopefully, someone will see these posts and bring back the old knot!
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    There's very little chance they'll revert to the old form.  It's just like whenever they make a big change to Facebook: Everyone whines about it for a while, then everyone gets used to it.  Unlike Facebook, they actually beta tested the changes with the mods.  I'm already a big fan of the edit feature.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2012
    i hate it!  i used to come here multiple times a day, now I come once or twice a week...It messes up my computer
  • edited December 2012
    yeah i am so confused... how do I get my ticker to show up at the end?? i feel so computer illiterate...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2012
    I HATE it too!!!  Everything is so slow and I find myself not coming on as much.
  • edited December 2012
    If you switch to Firefox as your web browser, and use the link MyNameisNot posted, it goes a lot faster.
  • edited December 2012
    This process is what they call "survival of the fittest."  Sink or swim ladies! 
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• glam70sglam70s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I hate it too.. The tv continually returns after I collapse it, and the boards are too slow to load. To the wedding bee it is for community stuff I guess. It's too bad, because I love the knot's resources, but I can't stand how long it takes to scan the boards. Each post I try to read takes forever to open..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards