Maine

Bachelorette Party Ideas around Portland - Help!

ecandjcecandjc member
First Comment
I'm planning a bachelorette party from out of town and am looking for ideas of things to do around Portland?  (I've only been there once.) Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas around Portland - Help!

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What types of things are you looking for?  Daytime things? Bars/clubs/dancing? 

If you're looking for night-time, there a bunch of bars and taverns on Fore Street between Pearl St and Union St.  There are some places that have live music, some with DJs, and some that are just bars.

There's also a few more places down on Commercial St, which is one street over from Fore St. 

There are restaurants all over.  In downtown Portland, you won't find many chain restaurants, but there is a huge variety from pizza places to upscale expensive places. 

If you're looking for daytime activities, I have a co-worker who went to Soakology for part of her b-party.  http://www.soakology.com/index.php   There's lots of touristy things available too, especially if you'll be doing this during the summer.  Harbor cruises, trolley tours, duck boats, etc. are all available on a daily basis.

I live in Portland, so feel free to ask for more specifics if you want more information!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ecandjcecandjc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  She's not into clubbing/dancing but does like to go to bars.  I was hoping to do some kind of event during the day (was just looking at soakology...looks great!) and then dinner/drinks at night.
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i seccond soakology, i go there at least twice a year, and again and again i say it was the best money spent on myself. I will be going for my bachalorette. Its nice because you can really pamper your feet with higher price packages or at minimum a lower leg massage and foot soak for 50 dollars.

if your not from the area there are fantastic foodie and beer tours.....im sure you can google it.

I do spas will come to wherever you are and do manis pedis

hmm thats all i got for now
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't have a place to stay yet you should check out the packages at Portland Regency.  That's one of my favorite places.  I love their hot tub and they have a great spa.  They are also located in the perfect location......the Old Port!  Enjoy!
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_bachelorette-party-ideas-around-portland?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:a86d41d7-6409-4228-a134-03dbe59d779cPost:394d6e7d-1bbe-4eb6-abf1-489d25a98112">Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas around Portland - Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much!  She's not into clubbing/dancing but does like to go to bars.  I was hoping to do some kind of event during the day (was just looking at soakology...looks great!) and then dinner/drinks at night.
    Posted by ecandjc[/QUOTE]

Most of the places on Fore St that I was referring to are just bars/pubs/taverns.  There's a martini bar (Pearl) that I've heard you can reserve a private area in.  Gritty's and Bull Feeney's are pretty popular too.  There's also a Chocolate Bar on one of the side streets that serves lots and lots of chocolate things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ecandjcecandjc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again! I'm so excited now!  These ideas are great.  Too bad she can't have a Bachelorette WEEK! :)
  • LindseyL17LindseyL17 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did Soakology turn out, if you went? I tried going there for my best friend's bachelorette and their group prices were crazy based on their regular prices!! I've been before and the service was great, but the group rate was almost double the regular price! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards