New York-New York City

affordable string quartet in nyc

Hello!
My fiance and I are looking for an affordable string quarter for our wedding in march 2012 in nyc. does anyone have any recommendations? i am looking to spending between 1500 - 2000 for them to play at the half hour ceremony and cocktail hour. we want a group who is a bit more contemporary not just plays pacabel's canon. thank you!

Re: affordable string quartet in nyc

• edited December 2011
    I would try going to one of the music schools. They may not be professionals yet, but you know you are getting highly talented, cream of the crop musicians. We actually had high school students play for us (for well under 1K) and they were amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    My H hired a couple Juilliard string players for our cocktail hour and they were great.  I'm not sure how much he paid since they were a surprise, but I'm sure they were below $1500. 
  • edited December 2011
    We paid $800 for NY Ceremony Music--it's a duo (cello and guitar) and they played for 2 hours (pre ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour). They were great and able to play everything from jazz to Metallica!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • colleenshea7colleenshea7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MAS
    Contact Marie Stack
    mariestack2001@yahoo.com
    She was a pleasure to work with. She did both our pre-ceremony, ceremony and cocktail hour. I found her on the boards when I was looking.
  • kfen13kfen13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards