May 2012 Weddings

AW: Getting dive certified!

Sort of wedding related... sort of not...  haha

FI and his family go scuba diving a lot, so I signed up to get dive certified!  FI is planning our honeymoon to involve some diving!!  Woo!

I had my confined water dive this weekend in the pool.. ugh, I'm so exhausted!  But it's SO much fun!!  Then in two weeks our class is going down to Florida to do our open water dive then I'll have my certification!

I'm excited because besides the honeymoon we'll get to go on so many cool trips!  :-D

Re: AW: Getting dive certified!

• That sounds really cool!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Awesome!  I am certified too but have only been on like one dive lol.  I am jealous you get to go to Florida for your open water...I had to do it in a cold lake in NY. Good Luck!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so jealous!!!  I want to get certified so bad!

There is actually a program on the cruise we're taking for our honeymoon, but I'm afraid it will take up too much of our actual honeymoon...  so I might wait until after.  Although, I really really really want to dive while in Tahiti, and Bora Bora, etc. 

How exciting for you!
    Anniversary
  • I'm certified but haven't been able to use it a lot due to lots of reasons.  Congrats and best of luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aw-getting-dive-certified?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:2ed388b7-1e0c-499b-a319-cc22ce99465fPost:3975724a-5bc1-459b-a537-75fab1a61670">Re: AW: Getting dive certified!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so jealous!!!  I want to get certified so bad! There is actually a program on the cruise we're taking for our honeymoon, but I'm afraid it will take up too much of our actual honeymoon...  so I might wait until after.  Although, I really really really want to dive while in Tahiti, and Bora Bora, etc.  How exciting for you!
    Posted by careydes[/QUOTE]

<div>from what our dive instructor told us the programs on the cruises, at resorts, etc. are short and quick but you're not actually certified to dive anywhere else except for while you're on the cruise or at the resort with a dive master.  </div><div>
    </div><div>the certification classes now are really easy to take though, you can get certified in two weekends usually.</div><div>
    </div>
  • That sounds awesome! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is awesome! We're going diving on our cruise (on Isla Rotan, Honduras)...I'm supper excited!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards