California-Northern

Reception sites in Stockton???

Does anyone know of any nice inexpensive reception sites in Stockton?  My FI is from there and I am considering have the wedding there if I can find a site for a resonable price.  TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Reception sites in Stockton???

• olywillisolywillis member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Micke Grove (technically Lodi, but close enough) - Japanese Tea Garden for the ceremony and they have places for the reception - here are some reviews: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/micke-grove-regional-park-lodi/152846397f39f371.html

And here is the site: http://www.mgzoo.com/rental-facilities/default.htm#mickegrove

We're having our high school reunion at the Hilton in Stockton, so that may be another option.

There are several halls and country clubs as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    The Japanese Garden is gorgeous but its not a reception site. Its more of a ceremony location. They do have the memorial auditorium at the park. 

Another good place to look is the Masonic Temple downtown - they have a gorgeous ballroom - or the Stockton Country Club. 
  • olywillisolywillis member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already stated the MG tea garden is for the ceremony and they have places for the reception - all the info is on the sites I listed in more detail.

As for the Masonic Temple, it is beautiful on the inside but the external environment is not likely the best place for your guests to park and be comfortable in. I used to have weekly meetings there and I generally did not feel safe walking out at night dressed up and worried about my car as well. With the crime rate even higher than when I had to do that, it's probably not so great for your guests or you.
  • kdetmer2011kdetmer2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Hilton Stockton in surprisingly reasonable if your can be flexible. Most of the Wedding packages include wine and champagne or cider  along with dinner. All of the packages include a free honeymoon package for the bride and groom that includes an overnight stay with free breakfast and Champagne or Cider and strawberries. If you cant use the room for the night of the wedding you will get a Gift Certificate to use whenever you want.

If you can have a lunch or a Sunday Wedding you can really save a lot of $$$.
    The Facility fee is reduced on a Friday and Waived on Sundays. So you can have all you want in your reception and easily save $500-$1000 or more if you get creative with the date and day and menu design.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards