Snarky Brides

Tuesday!

Britt, has your schedule changed? You used to always have a thread up before I got here!

How was everyone's night? I did my first wedding DIY- tears of joy packets per mom's request. Those little tissues were a b!tch to stuff in the envelopes haha otherwise I did floor, laundry and am knitting my gram a scarf. 

Re: Tuesday!

• Yesterday was a b!itch -- I was in class all day while trying to stay on top of work back at the office. When I got home I just wanted to relax. I finished and filed my taxes and, although all of my return will be going toward the wedding, I am happy to have the extra funds!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am really stressing at work right now, and skyping with H is just not getting the job done. :(
    Also the actors are still in contract disputes, or something, so they go to work and just sit around and adjust lights. They can't even start filming yet. If this pushes everything back I fear I'm gonna LOSE it.
  • Uhg, sorry, ladies!

Pickle- what are you in school for?

Swag- I would flip out, too. You're doing great! Have you had time for bootcamp? 
  • Ugh, that sucks, swag!

Last night, only local bm (besides DD) showed up and wanted to look at dresses online, so I missed my workout. She's excited about the wedding, which is nice, because I don't get a whole lot of that, but I'm sad that I missed my workout.

Plays are almost cast, kids are driving us crazy wanting to know. Lists will be up within the next day or so.

Going to be at least another week before my snowmobile parts get here - blah! I'm missing so much of the season!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • misssunshine - I have, thanks for asking!  I can feel myself getting stronger already, which is nice. I don't know if I LOOK any different, but I feel great.
  • Morning!

It took me an hour and a half to get to work today and I'm not feeling particularly great, so today is awesome already.

Swag, that has to be beyond frustrating... hope everything works out quickly!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Swag- that's great! Glad you can take that time for yourself. 

Jenny- I remember being so excited for casting, it's great you do that for your students. 
  • Morning I am feeling stressed about getting my nc licence in time for my job. Supposedly there was paperwork sent last Monday but they say they haven't received it. I don't know what the problem is and I can't really do anything about it. Ugh.
  • Morning!

So my plans for delicious 6 month anniversary meatloaf didn't happen last night. It took me almost 2 hours to get home from work. It was torture. The whole time I was stressing about wanting to make a great dinner for H. By the time I would have gotten the meatloaf mixed up, in the pan, and into the oven, we would have been eating at like 9:30 the earliest. So I unfortunately had to ditch that plan and we had salad with sausage on top instead. Very lack luster. But I bought all the ingredients last night at the store and I'll be making it tonight. Better late then never I guess.

Swag, that sucks, but at least you can have boot camp to look forward to. And when your H gets home he'll get to see the great results! 

Pickle, that's great you got your taxes done. It's always nice to put your tax return to something beneficial.  We've been wanting to do ours, especially since it will be a bit more complicated this year, but my employer waits until the very last day he can legally give us our W2's. It's very frustrating!

Jenny, I was involved in drama in HS too. I mostly did stage crew, but I also was in a few musicals. It was always so nerve racking waiting for the casting results! 

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sunshine -- I'm finishing my master's in higher education administration with a subconcentration in philanthropy, advancement, and development (it's a mouthful). I currently work in fundraising so this is just kind of an extention on my job knowledge.

I forgot to add that, thanks to Buzz and the honeymoon board, I also spent quite a bit of time last night creating a must-do document for our trip to Aruba in October!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pickle- my work study job in college was in the advancement office! I thought it was all very interesting. Except when they made me call people to beg for money. 

Buzz- sorry about dinner! Enjoy in tonight :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce6a6909-4446-41dd-a4a6-e823b3fc5048Post:8a0adec7-dc25-4e2a-80b2-78602547e196">Re: Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pickle- my work study job in college was in the advancement office! I thought it was all very interesting. <strong>Except when they made me call people to beg for money.</strong>  Buzz- sorry about dinner! Enjoy in tonight :) 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, we make students do that part!</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! They got my paperwork today. Ugh I would hate begging people for money too.
  • I don't think i've seen anna in at least a week.

Sunshine- nope, just been busy lol

I'm eating firehouse for lunch, AND forgot to lay out dinner again dammit!

Alice and Riff did awesome at the dog park, alice even walked on her leash the entire time!
  • Morning Ladies! Hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Last night my FI and I went to look at a wedding venue. It was very pretty but also very pricey so the search continues. *sigh* My soon to me Grandmother in-law came with us.. ugh. I know she is just trying to help but she is throwing way to much at me at a time. Not to mention she continues to make comment like " Are you going to wear a strapless dress? I sure Hope not because that isn't appropriate", " Is there going to be alcohol at your wedding?"In a tone that says"this better be answered with a no".  She is very mormon. I am not at all. She has also told me FI and me that if the venue it 'too far' no one will attend our wedding. "Too far" to her is about a 20minute drive.
  • Got the message and took care of it!

Sorry!  School just started again 2 weeks ago and it always takes me a bit to get use to my new schedule.  So school has beeneating me hardcore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards