California-Inland Empire

Clueless on flower prices!

So I basically have no idea what a good deal on a bouquet is vs. an unrealistic price.  I have the name of a local florist that I've heard will "work with my budget".  The thing is, I don't have a set amount to spend on flowers.  Obviously, the less money, the better.  I think the flowers I want are fairly inexpensive.  What is a good price for a bridal bouquet?  And bridesmaids?  I feel lost at this point!

Re: Clueless on flower prices!

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think anything over $60 or $70 for a brides bouquet is too much, well for me anyway. BM bouquets should be around $30 HTH
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    That helps IMMENSELY!  I was thinking $100 was the lower side, and that's why I'm hesitant to call and say "my budget is $$$" and thats actually way too much!  Thanks, that gives me a good starting point.
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Most professional florists charge $125+. I got a good deal with my florist on my bouquet. She is charging me $175. My bridesmaid's bouquets are $50 each. It all really depends on what type of flowers you want and how big you want it. I think it might be hard to find a bridal bouquet under $60. You can always do it yourself if you need to save a few bucks =)

• lauralazerlauralazer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Vanessa at Sweet Floresence at http://sweetflorescence.com.

She's doing 1 bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, 3 corsages, and like 7 boutonnieres for a very good price.  I told her what I needed and what I could spend and she had no problem working with me.

Vanessa is very sweet and responds to email contact very quickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • tehlilonetehlilone member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think $100 is too much to spend on a bouquet of flowers that are just going to wilt at the end of the day but that's my personal opinion. I'd probably stay around the $60-$80 range. There are great articles floating around regarding how to cut flower prices (such as using in-season flowers and more greenery).

I suggest going to a free Bridal Fair and checking out some vendors. Last time I went, one of the florists was doing a "pick a card" lottery. You picked one of their business cards and on the back had a coupon for a discount. I actually got the rare "free bridal bouquet" card but since I'm not picking my vendors yet and I was just browsing I didn't use it.
    Wisdom comes with age and experience, but age and experience does not come with wisdom. LilySlim Exercise days tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love my wedding coordinator/florist!  She is charging me $100.00 for all my flowers. My ceremony and reception are at the same location and it's a small, intimate guestlist of 70 people.  My florist is doing flower decorations for 8 tables (I'm providing my vases), my bouquet, my daughter mini bouquet, and two boutonnnieres.

Her name is Julie Brooks (909) 904-0099
    Everlasting Visions
    www.everlastingvisions.com

• KmquintanaKmquintana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found that the florist down here in southern california are expensive. Im going with wooden roses. The look so close to real roses and i can get up to 20 different colors. 3000 of them for $350, thats including shipping!
  • I am having my aunt (from OC) do all of my wedding flowers (5 BM, my bouquet, 6 boutties, corsages for grandma, and moms, and up to 20 pieces for the tables). We went to the flower market in LA to price everything out and it came out to about 500 for everything, which is great! We're using protea, queen anne's lace, ranunculas, snap dragons, etc. Very eclectic mix of flowers. I highly recommend enlisting the help of a gifted friend or family member if you want to save money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards