Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

To wear or not to wear glasses...

So, my fiancee and I both wear glasses.  Our eyes aren't too bad, but we still need them.  My fiancee has told me that he's definitely leaving his on, which is fine.  His frames are very subtle and don't have a huge glare issue, and he'll probably take them off for the formal pictures.  Me on the other hand...I have purple, plastic glasses.  They look fantastic, and I don't really like the way I look without them.  I have very light features, and my face just looks plain weird without them.  But my glasses produce a horrible glare, and I'm definitely leaving them off for the formal pics.  They also leave red marks on the bridge of my nose.  I will likely take them off for the ceremony too.  My vision isn't great, but I can see well enough to not bump into things.  Should I just skip them altogether?  Will it seem weird if I wear my glasses only for the reception?  I'm just curious.

Re: To wear or not to wear glasses...

• I would wear them. I would want to be able to remember ALL the exspresions and all the little things, that you might miss if you didn't wear them. 
    By the way, I wear glasses too, so I know what you are going through! 
  • I don't think it would be weird to wear your glasses for just part of the wedding. I need glasses but I usually wear contacts day-to-day, so I'll be going with contacts for the wedding. Would getting a new pair of glasses be an option before the wedding? Maybe you could splurge and get the anti-glare coating on the lenses if you think it would be worth it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_to-wear-or-not-to-wear-glasses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5ef138f5-bcb6-423a-9b5a-7c7bfafe4606Post:c20616b0-90fa-4cea-b8af-aed267229832">Re: To wear or not to wear glasses...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it would be weird to wear your glasses for just part of the wedding. I need glasses but I usually wear contacts day-to-day, so I'll be going with contacts for the wedding. Would getting a new pair of glasses be an option before the wedding? Maybe you could splurge and get the anti-glare coating on the lenses if you think it would be worth it.
    Posted by tiny speck[/QUOTE]

what about contacts? i wear glasses every day but i buy contacts for the summer and special occasions. I just go tanother 6 month supply before my RX expired, and I already had 5 pairs left from my last 6 months supply. They should last  me 2+ years
  • If you feel "you" in them, definitely wear them otherwise you won't like the girl in the pictures!  My FI wears glasses and since he has transistions he took them off for part of the engagement photos and we ended hating those ones because it didn't look like him at all! For the wedding we splurged and got non-transition lenses to pop in his frames for the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • I wear glasses every day. I get a month supply of daily contacts maybe once every year or two. I wear them for special occassions. I still have a lot of contacts from the batch I got 4 years ago, haha, but the prescription is way too weak now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_to-wear-or-not-to-wear-glasses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:5ef138f5-bcb6-423a-9b5a-7c7bfafe4606Post:d0fe841f-1179-479d-86e2-fed53e9e25e5">Re: To wear or not to wear glasses...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you feel "you" in them, definitely wear them otherwise you won't like the girl in the pictures!  My FI wears glasses and since he has transistions he took them off for part of the engagement photos and we ended hating those ones because it didn't look like him at all! For the wedding we splurged and got non-transition lenses to pop in his frames for the wedding.
    Posted by blondii428[/QUOTE]

This. I am wearing my glasses becuase I wear them every day and wouldn't look like myself without them. I don't want to look back at my wedding pictures and think I don't look like myself because I didn't wear my glasses.

I say go with what feels right!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been wearing glasses everyday for a little over a year. (I wore contacts for over 16 years before that, but my eyes got to be too dry for my contacts.) They're okay... I splurged and got some nice glasses since I have to wear them. But I will not be wearing them for any pictures, including the wedding. I need to make an eye doctor's appointment to get some daily contacts for those special days.

That said, I feel more like myself without my glasses, even though I now wear them all the time. It's just until I can save up for Lasik... I wouldn't like the pictures of me if I were wearing my glasses, because in my mind I still picture myself without them. My fiance will be wearing his glasses - he's worn them for a lot longer than I have, and he looks great in them. I would do whatever makes you the most comfortable with yourself and with your pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Unfortunately I don't wear contacts.  (The idea scares me!)  I'll probably talk to my photographer and see what she suggests.  If she doesn't think the glare will be too much of an issue, I'll definitely wear my glasses!  Thanks for the input!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards