Connecticut

engagement photos location help

so me and my fiance are going to get our pictures done for our save the dates we will be sending out in september 10 months before our wedding, my dad is a retired wedding photographer and he is going to do our engagment photos for us. me and my fiance both love the beach and were thinking maybe pictures by the light house but the light house in saybrook westbrook we heard is private property or something and we cannot have access to it. our wedding is in june but we also love farms, apple picking and barns so i was thinking if the light house will not work maybe a farm were we can take pictures. we really dont have a huge amount of money to say rent a place ( wood acher farms in terryvill will rent you the grounds for min 2 hours at 150 per hpur. we are looking for a something that will cost us about 100 for about an hour of photo shots is that even possible.? 

we live in central ct and are willing to travel in ct only and nothing supper far or crazy we both live near some amazing farms lyman orchards rodgers orchards karabin farms and a few other places 

Re: engagement photos location help

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if this is too far for you, but Lighthouse Point Park in West Haven has a lighthouse, and you don't have to pay to take photos on the grounds. 

We took our e-pics there, and I loved that we were able to get several different backdrops in one place- grassy park areas, beach areas, rocky/ cliff areas, and the lighthouse.
    imageAnniversary
  • My friend did her first look photos at The Cove in Wethersfield.  It was beautiful.  It near water and has woods.  The pictures were beautiful.  I got my photos done at the Eli Whitney Muesum, in Hamden.  It had a beauitful covered bridge.  Hubbard Park in Meriden is really pretty. 
  • We had our ephotos done at Hubbard Park, really pretty place.
  • Ditto Hubbard Park in Meriden. Very beautiful! 
  • There's also some vineyards in CT that you may be able to take pics at.  Some are wedding venues (Stonington Vineyards), but I think there's also some in the Litchfield county areas as well.
  • i called lyman orchards and they want 200 to use just the outside of the homestead home and the grounds not sure if i want to spend that much 
  • i like this post because i also have to have my e-session done may or june
  • Not sure if you are still looking for a place, my Fiance and I used Southford Falls State Park in Oxford. No charge to use the grounds

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards