Hawaii

Bridesmaid Dresses

Hey ladies!

I got my wedding dress this weekend!  I'm very excited!!!  I am not focusing on bridesmaid dresses.  If you have them, please post pictures or links to bridesmaid dresses appropriate for Hawaii that you've used or seen done well.  I'm needing some inspiration!

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding THE dress! It's definitely a great feeling to check something off of the list!

I don't have bridesmaids dresses picked out, yet (wedding isn't until December 2012, but what I am aiming for is above-the-knee dress in chiffon. I think the fabric will go great with the Hawaiian breeze. :)

Also thinking of having my girls pick their own style of dress, they just need to make sure it's the same: designer, color, length, and fabric. They get free reign of what kind of neckline, which is nice! No pressure to choose something everyone will like, right?!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After looking to see what was out there I asked each of my BMs to order a Dessy dress in their aqua color in whatever style they preferred.  They all appreciated that they were lined which mattered on the beach because it's sunny and windy.  They were flowy enough, but not too much so.  I loved how they all looked, and I liked that they all were able to wear a dress that flattered them while still looking somewhat alike and wedding party-ish.  Pics are in my bio.
  • jessj336jessj336 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

My girls picked out amsale crinkle chiffon dresses out in a color called pacific blue. One of them has the short halter style and the other picked a style that has ruffle straps. Both are above the knee.

Anniversary
  • lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Congrats on finding your dress!

My sister picked a strapless chiffon above the knee dress from Bill Levkoff. Sttyle 670 in glacier. Very flowy and light.

Sorry, I can't post pics or links from work.

Anniversary
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY for getting your dress! I just have a MOH and our daughters have wedding jobs, too.  I consider the three of them our bridal party. They are all wearing vintage Hawaiian dresses to go with our theme. So far, I've found two out of three of the dresses.  Still looking for the last one.
  • edited December 2011
    MIne are in my bio, they were cheap ($40 from delias) and worked perfectly fine for us.
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to let my BMs pick whatever style dress they wanted in the same colour and fabric, but they all chose the same dress. It's in my bio
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I only had two BMs, so I just said find something knee-length and ocean-y blue. One went Jim Hjelm and the other went jcrew.

One of them just got married last summer and did the same thing with her BMs - we all had forest green dresses knee length dresses. It was super pretty.
  • flash8785flash8785 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions, ladies!  I'll save these ideas for my research!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards