Wisconsin

Help! Reception venues around Stevens Point?

I had booked my reception hall over a year ago for my May 26th wedding coming up in Stevens Point at the Ramada, and just got a phone call today that they are closing (so much for being proud that I had taken care of that so quickly!).  I'm trying to find a location w/ hotels nearby as we have approx 300 guests, yet trying to find some reasonable prices---has anyone had any experience with that area? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Reception venues around Stevens Point?

• edited December 2011
    Did you check the holiday inn? I know there is a place on Post Road in Plover that has receptions. I think Shooters and Elizabeth Inn can both hold that many people too. I have no idea about the prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know someone who used the University Center and it was nice, but I think iit was pretty expensive.
  • Pod0512Pod0512 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are they closing closing or just changing hands? That hotel has been at least three different things in the last seven years.

I've never been to a wedding in SP, but what about Sentry World? Somewhere at the University? The Stevens Point Country Club?  Just thinking of all of the places I've had banquets at in the past.
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • bridejlbridejl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a classmate who just got married this weekend (I go to UWSP) and their reception was at the Elizabeth Inn. He said they chose it because was a good space with good food and didn't break the bank, and now that the wedding has happened he still recommends it. He also said they looked into Sentry World but it was pricey, but it's always something to look into. GOOD LUCK!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!  After checking into pretty much all of the places above (thanks for the ideas!!) I think we've settled on the Holiday Inn---the hotel route is ideal for us because of the out of towners not knowing the area too well so we're trying to cut out the driving around from church to reception to hotel part.  @Pod0512 -- they're closing for good---was hoping they were just changing hands but that's not the case this time around.  I live in the Milwaukee area (grew up in Point but have only been to one or two weddings there so that's why I'm a bit fuzzy on places to go) so it's been tricky trying to research.  Again, thanks for the suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mcwsdk61012mcwsdk61012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard the Elizabeth Inn is pretty good, unfortunately have no idea about the others.  (I'm going with one of the parks in town)  Since I'm here and ya'll are so helpfull with ideas on the Point area - any ideas on catering?  We are looking for casual/picnic type food without looking like a company bbq.
  • emyelitaemyelita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was really sorry to hear about your situation. I live in Stevens Point and am getting married ain the Milwaukee area next year. The first thing I thought about when I heard the Ramada was closing was all the brides that would be out of a hall because of it. Very happy that you found a place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards