Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Nightmare turned reality

24 days before our wedding.....our apartment was broken into. Among the electronics......our wedding rings!

:-/

In tears.....
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Nightmare turned reality

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! 

I'm sorry this happened to you! 
    Do you have insurance? Make sure you report to the police what's missing so they can keep an eye out in the pawn shops! 
  • elidellioelidellio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, I am so sorry! I hope things look up for you.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, how terrible.  I am so sorry!  *hugs*
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness that is so terrible!  I'm so sorry this has happened.  Did you have insurance?
    Anniversary

• MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :(

Oh man

:(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'd be devastated to be burglarized, no matter what was taken. I'm so sorry that happened to you :(
  • edited December 2011
    We do have insurance, but I was in love with my ring! Got it on clearance at Kay's original price was $1400, we paid $400. I'm hoping we can find another good deal and one that I love! It was so blingy! The insurance took the retail price ;-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • elidellioelidellio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nightmare-turned-reality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:252537fc-a584-4978-a789-501aba0e658bPost:7226f636-70f0-437d-b572-c2db28dc513b">Re: Nightmare turned reality</a>:
    [QUOTE]We do have insurance, but I was in love with my ring! Got it on clearance at Kay's original price was $1400, we paid $400. I'm hoping we can find another good deal and one that I love! It was so blingy! <strong>The insurance took the retail price ;-)</strong>
    Posted by kelijoo[/QUOTE]

<div>At least you got a bit of good news!</div>
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elisarrrelisarrr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear!!! That must be awful! :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    The insurance wrote down the retail price, but found out from the adjuster today, they only cover up to $500 of money, purses and jewelry. :-/ here's to hoping Kay's has a clearance sale......
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nightmare-turned-reality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:252537fc-a584-4978-a789-501aba0e658bPost:bddece8d-a9c4-42b7-95a7-2ab66f26d0fa">Re: Nightmare turned reality</a>:
    [QUOTE]The insurance wrote down the retail price, but found out from the adjuster today, they only cover up to $500 of money, purses and jewelry. :-/ here's to hoping Kay's has a clearance sale......
    Posted by kelijoo[/QUOTE]

That's a really crappy policy!!! What company is your insurance through? Now I need to check the fine print of my renter's insurance!

I would definitely check all the jewelry stores for their clearance sections (unless you're really tied to Kay) and tell the people what happened!!! If they have any power to make deals for people, I'm sure they willl for you!

FWIW, I went to Jewelry Exchange in Dallas. I overspent on my wedding band, but H got a great deal on my engagement ring when he'd been there. And one of the wedding bands I was looking at, the lady was able to get the price down a bit for me, break up a set, and do some other stuff like that. So I think they're able to work with you a little bit there.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually have a friend who got her engagement ring on eBay.  You might even check that out.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I added a jewelry rider to my renter's policy, so I have no deductible and up to $2500 coverage for jewelry alone. I also added a seperate policy for my engagement ring. Both of those together add like $10/month to my insurance bill, but for me it's worth the peace of mind. Something other ladies might want to consider!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nightmare-turned-reality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:252537fc-a584-4978-a789-501aba0e658bPost:79e7c346-b2fa-49a8-ba74-0b7c57d618b9">Re: Nightmare turned reality</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually have a friend who got her engagement ring on eBay.  You might even check that out.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

There are shops on Etsy with rings too.
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards