California-Los Angeles

Seeking Wedding Venue on a Tight Budget

We are looking for a nice wedding venue with an outdoor wedding ceremony and indoor reception. The problem we're having is that we have a budget of about $10,000 for the entire wedding (venue, food, drinks, dress, cake, etc.) and we have about 175-200 guests EEK! We like gardens and/or spanish/old world looking venues (*liked the Spanish Hills Country Club). But we also liked the photos of the Sportsmen's Lodge in LA which is more modern. So we are open to ideas. But I definately like a green/garden look for the outdoors. I've been looking on herecomestheguide.com but there are so many places! Any ideas of wedding venues that meet our needs?

Re: Seeking Wedding Venue on a Tight Budget

• EMVI79EMVI79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a couple in that range but you might have to have a weekday weekend....a lot of venues offer deals for friday and sunday weddings

Coyote Hills Country Club
    Friendly Hills Country Club
    Almansor Court
    Kyoto Grand
  • edited December 2011
    the botanical gardens in palos verdes
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out the Sportmen's Lodge and The Castaway. I know The Castaway has a ceremony site called the Luau Gardens which has that garden feel. They also offer a variety of packages that fit different budgets.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • nadsranunadsranu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great thank you so much! And we have decided to look into having a Sunday wedding to lower the costs! But I will definately check out these place ;)
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We looked at Sportsman's Lodge and we almost ended up booking them. I don't have the prices in front of me, but I think if you either have a daytime wedding or do it on Sunday, you might be able to make that work. Also consider doing off season if you can.
    The only thing you should know before making an appointment with them is that they have different people who handle special events for the hotel and for the event venue. I can't remember exactly what they told us, but something about when they remodeled a few years ago....so we made an appointment unknowingly for the hotel part and didn't like the fact that everyone would be walking through the pool area to get to the ceremony area.

• eleven3eleven3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into the Majestic Halls in Downtown. 
    http://www.majestichalls.com/

Since they are just now starting to use it as a wedding venue, their prices are VERY reasonable right now. I don't think they have an outside are for ceremony, but it's another option!  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just saw that Brides Rally is now offering venues at 50% off.  Perhaps worth checking out?
  • losspre6682losspre6682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello my name is cynthia, we have a great venue in the san fernando valley. its a beautiful mansion house. great affordable prices. if you have any questions please call me at 818-926-5502
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards