Ohio-Cincinnati

Looking for gold cake stand and monogram topper....

I met with my cake lady tonight and after some discussion regarding our cake design and color - we feel a gold cake stand and topper would be better than silver (the whole wedding is done in your typical fall colors - brown, red, etc.).  Any ideas on where I could rent a round, gold cake stand?  I keep finding the silver ones.

Also, I have seen the silver monogram toppers at tons of places, but can't seem to find gold.  Does anyone carry these locally?

Any thoughts are appreciated!  Just over a month until the wedding and all the details like this are sneaking up on me:)

Re: Looking for gold cake stand and monogram topper....

• afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you googled this or looked on Etsy? HTH
  • edited December 2011

I know how you feel searching for gold toppers! We are doing fall colors as well. Chocolate, Latte, Cream, Gold.
    A lot of the websites will offer the cake topper in gold even though it isn't shown. We ended up buying a gold plastic Q that I am going to adhear crystals to and we are going to mount it to our cupcake stand.

The Future Mrs. Quallick Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hunleyweddinghunleywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have looked around on Etsy and eBay.  I have seen a few items for the cake topper that seems like it might work...but I would really like to see it in person.  I have never been a big fan of buying things online because pics can be deceiving sometimes.  It would be great to find somewhere local! 
  • niprsnkityniprsnkity member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just purchased my gold cake stand from WebStaurant. I LOVE it. I am soooo pleased it it. It is perfect. I would check out their site!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, I bought my gold monogram off ebay, I was a little concerned, like you about what it would look like. Especially after I found out it was coming from Hong Kong! But the description was that it was 4.5 inches and it was only around $15 plus shipping and handling (which wasn't a lot, to my suprise) When I recieved it, it was perfect! I'm so happy with it. If you're interested I can get you the seller's name, they had all the letters. When I ordered it there wasn't a place to tell them which letter I wanted but I did recieve an email from them telling me step by step what to do so that I got what I wanted. Again, I'm so pleased! I feel like it was a great deal!
  • hunleyweddinghunleywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Niprsnkity,
    What size stand did you get?  Was it one of the round gold ones?  It looks like the size I would need is sold out:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards