Destination Weddings Discussions

Dreams resorts Mexico, anyone gone?

Getting married in November of this year assuming we can decide on a particular resort!  Getting married in mexico - was going to do Azul chains but read a lot of bad reviews...cosidering Dreams.  Anyone been there for a wedding?  Any other great location in Mexico you suggest?  We want a nice place, not over crowded and affordable for our guests.  Suggestions??

Re: Dreams resorts Mexico, anyone gone?

• Hi, congrats on deciding your location, that was a major stress for me! I'm also a November bride, I'm not getting married in Mexico, but am going there for vacation this Wed 2nd9th. I'm staying at the Now Saphire. I've heard amazing reviews of the resort and my FIL's were there not too long ago and saw a few weddings. They said they were beautiful. I can let you know when I get back if it helps. Good luck with the planning!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hello,  Im actually getting married in November at Dreams Puerto Aveturas in Mexico.  I've heard good things about that place but its so hard to know without visiting!  We are just going to hope for the best.  This location seems to be very affordable and the prices drop around the first week of December if that helps!
    Good Luck!

• I have been to Dreams Puerto Vallarta and it was beautiful! The beach was great, pools were fantastic, and everyone was really friendly! If you have any other questions, let me know.  I didn't see any weddings, but I can imagine it'd be great for them.
  • Thank you!!  Please let me know how it was when you get back, have a great time!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_dreams-resorts-mexico-anyone-gone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:2fdfac8e-e9ff-4c7d-9e12-88cfbd76ff11Post:b7ac0988-483c-4c52-a1a3-ba3153869355">Re:Dreams resorts Mexico, anyone gone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, congrats on deciding your location, that was a major stress for me! I'm also a November bride, I'm not getting married in Mexico, but am going there for vacation this Wed 2nd9th. I'm staying at the Now Saphire. I've heard amazing reviews of the resort and my FIL's were there not too long ago and saw a few weddings. They said they were beautiful. I can let you know when I get back if it helps. Good luck with the planning!!!
    Posted by Jules1112[/QUOTE]
  • Did they give you a comp room with certain amount of rooms booked?  Did you go through a travel agency?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_dreams-resorts-mexico-anyone-gone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:2fdfac8e-e9ff-4c7d-9e12-88cfbd76ff11Post:10bce8ea-3473-4b1b-b02c-34bf0b34a434">Re: Dreams resorts Mexico, anyone gone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello,  Im actually getting married in November at Dreams Puerto Aveturas in Mexico.  I've heard good things about that place but its so hard to know without visiting!  We are just going to hope for the best.  This location seems to be very affordable and the prices drop around the first week of December if that helps! Good Luck!
    Posted by sdowns525[/QUOTE]
  • I did go through a travel agency.  They were able to give us a great rate as long as 10 rooms were booked.  My travel agent did say that they are very flexible with that and that if 5-6 rooms were booked then it shouldn't be a problem and the rate shouldn't change.  We will also recieve a free upgrade with 10 rooms booked and also if 15 are booked then we recieve a free night.  So really I definately would suggest a travel agent...they pull some nice strings!  And so far the resort seems perfect for what we want!  If you are looking at a BASIC ceremony, which we are, then that is free as long as 6 nights are booked!   Let me know if i can help any more!
    good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards