Texas-Houston

The Most Budget Friendly Venues in Houston?

my fiance and I are on a tight budget and looking for venues in Houston, any suggestions? We're not opposed to Friday/Sunday or odd months of the year.

Re: The Most Budget Friendly Venues in Houston?

• edited December 2011

What is your budget?

• edited December 2011

heights fire station is a popular one thats budget friendly

Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The most budget friendly that I found was Brady's Landing. Which is the venue that we chose. You get so much more for your money. We are having a sunday afternoon wedding (6hrs), getting a buffet (the middle option of the three), champagne, chair covers, chair sashes, and the ceremony site for 4,000. However, it can be done for less! We just chose several add ons.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will second Brady's Landing. It is also where I got married.

The thing that makes Brady's Landing such a great deal is that they don't charge you for rental of the venue. You pay for your food, beverages, decorations, etc. and that is it as long as you meet their minimum which is super low for a Friday or a Sunday.

I would suggest that you look for venues that have a similar set-up as it will be the best way for you to save money.

Also in the southeast Houston area is Cullen's. It is a restaurant, but they some pretty awesome set-ups for receptions and they price well. Their pricing was simliar to Brady's Landing when I was getting prices (maybe a little bit more) but it has a more modern flare if that is what you like.

A complete DIY venue like the Heights Firestation or the Lyceum in Galveston could be a money saver as well because you are able to control 100% of what you spend. However, it will require a lot of work on your part.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Depends on your guest list and area: I would suggest looking into Hacienda Bella in pasadena, chateau crystale on gessner, kemah gardens and the gardens on beamer.
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm getting married at AvantGarden.

it's right in the middle of montrose.

the price is AMAZING.  for a venue that was 2 blocks away  i was quoted  5 times as much.

and it's a beautiful place, doesn't need very much decorating at all.

• edited December 2011
    thanks for all of the suggestions. If it helps any or anyone has budget ideas, I'm looking to have a small wedding of 50 on 5,000 but worried it can't be done.
  • edited December 2011
    Sure that can be done!!! Try my florist, he is helping my mom who is have a small wedding right after mine (about 75 guest and a small budget). The name of the company is inventive events just e-mail him InventiveEvents@yahoo.com , and tell him what you are trying to do. Me and mama have been very stasified!!! Good Luck Hun!!!
  • lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that can definitely be done! We splurged some and are doing our wedding of 100 for 8000.

As for photography, try C. Baron Photography. They are amazing! Best wedding related decision we have made! They are very very budget friendly as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What venue did you guys use to keep it that low? That seems to  be ther hardest part. My future in-laws don't mind catering, but pretty much everywhere requires you to use their caterers. I don't like banquet halls either. I want lots of windows or an outdoorsy feel. Right now I'm looking at Bammel Lane
  • edited December 2011
    whatever you do, do not go to Northgate Country Club
  • monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    @ Dixonkr

I'm kinda looking for the same thing you are.  Here's a few places that do allow outside caterers, and as far I can tell, outside liquor.  They also have a decent amount of windows and somewhat of an outside area.

--Milford House (Italian cultural center in the museum district)
    --Czech Center museum
    --Houston Garden Center in Hermann Park (it's a building located in Hermann park where horticultural groups meet, but it has bright windows and it has it's own rose garden where they do outdoor weddings)

I don't know the rental fees for any of these because I haven't called yet.  Maybe someone else on here does.  I'm sure they all require some decoration, but it seems like the Czech center would require the least.  And the Garden Center probably has the most outdoor appeal.

SaveSave
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you monkeysip! I'm also an out of town bride so I'm doing everything through word of mouth and online so far!

Does anyone know if wedding can be done at The Houston Garden Center Hermann Park?
  • edited December 2011
    Well everyone has already mentioned the venues that came to my mind! hehe, so I'll just add that if you need some decorations too and trying not to spend riduculous amounts of money like I have unfortunately then go with

'Grand Celebrations Houston' for chair covers, tablecloths and uplighting, etc.
    http://grandcelebrationshouston.com/products-pricing

I didn't have a caterer so I don't know how much is too expensive or what is reasonably priced.
    edited December 2011
    @ Dixon

This website is proof that they do ceremonies.  It's wedding photos from some couple who married in the Gardens.  

Also, Hermann Park is a large place with lots of beautiful scenery, so there's probably other spots to do a ceremony too.  Then your guests can just walk over to the Garden center for the reception.

SaveSave
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you right now the Czech center will be out of your budget. I went there and just for venue rental it was around 6,000. It was quite expensive.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

edited December 2011
    Thanks, PJ, for the info on Czech center.  I agree, for just the rental fee, that's kinda steep.  I'm always appreciative of people sharing info like this because it means one less phone call to a venue I have to make.

Czech center is a little fancier than the others, so hopefully the rental fee on the other two will be more reasonable.

Others already mentioned Heights Fire Station, but I'm not sure that venue will have enough outdoor appeal for our OP.  There's no garden space or anything.  I think the venue is really charming, but I hate how they won't let you rent your own chairs.  You gotta use their fold out ones and get covers for them.

Avant Garden is cool, but it seems like you wouldn't be able to fit many people in one room.  You'd have to split people into different rooms/floors.

SaveSave
    edited December 2011
    There's another venue that looks kinda interesting.

5226 elm is a strange industrial/modern look building, but it has a cool garden and pond in the back yard.  The inside includes several rooms, some which look better than others.  I have no idea the rental fee.  Gotta call to find out.  Or maybe someone on here knows more.

SaveSave
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_budget-friendly-venues-houston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:f25477a3-387e-4177-b17e-3f99fe5cc44cPost:13f14c51-6b28-47e6-ad53-a04318786167">Re: The Most Budget Friendly Venues in Houston?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's another venue that looks kinda interesting. <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.5226elm.com/">http://www.5226elm.com/</a> 5226 elm is a strange industrial/modern look building, but it has a cool garden and pond in the back yard.  The inside includes several rooms, some which look better than others.  I have no idea the rental fee.  Gotta call to find out.  Or maybe someone on here knows more.
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

I feel I've googled and searched to find every venue in Houston, but I hadnt looked at this one. I usually don't like rectangle tables but they're so cute here in the garden. I called to no answer so I just sent an email. I'll let you ladies know price wise in case anyone else is interested aswelll.
  • edited December 2011

5226 Elm ranges from about $1500-4000 depending upon the date.

edited December 2011
    Thanks!  That's not too bad, but FI and I have to have a Saturday wedding because our church only has Saturday weddings.  Saturday is what really kills the budget.  

If you are doing a Fri or Sun wedding, maybe the cost will be closer to 1500 than 4000.

Good luck and tell us when you finally find the venue you like!

SaveSave
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Le Jardin off of 1960.  It has a lot of windows, garden areas, gazebos, waterfalls and a pond.  We had 125 people and it was $8800.  They also allow you to bring in your own alcohol. 
  • edited December 2011
    I still am sruggline to fid anything that is about 2,000 rental fee. I realize this is low, but I'm only planning for about 50 people so I can't justify more. Does anyone have any suggestions on parks?

I like the Arboretum, but can't get over the wall decor of their indoor reception area.http://www.houstonarboretum.org/weddings.asp

or considering Rob Fleming Park in The Woodlands
    http://woodlandsevents.com/area-parks/parks/rob-fleming-park.html

any thoughts on either of these?
  • edited December 2011
    That is a great price! So far I have ran into very expensive places. 
  • SFA2010SFA2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont recommend spring chataeu at all! I had a horrible expirence plus they were very rude!
  • edited December 2011
    Cypress Chateau without a doubt!
  • luilucindaluilucinda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ouisies table?

• edited December 2011
    So dixonkr, what did y'all decide on?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards