Catholic Weddings

Processional/Recessional

Hi Ladies,

What music did/are your BMs, and you walk down the aisle to?  Are you having your parents walk to something?  The selection at my church is big and I have no idea what would sound really nice.

Thanks!!!

Re: Processional/Recessional

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used:
    Church Sonata No. 3 in D by Mozart for BMs
    Symphonies de Fanfares by John Joseph Mouret for me
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we had a two person wedding party (just a MOH and Best Man).  we had them walk in before H and I walked in.  teh four of us walked into Ave Maria.

i have no clue what we walked out to or anything played in teh middle.  i had only requested ave maria be played.  i left all else  up to the organist, as i wanted her to pick stuff that she knew she could play really well and that would fit well in the various parts.
  • edited December 2011
    Riss, did you have them played by a live group, or from a CD? 

How do you do a break between the girls and yourself? I only have four girls and I don't expect them to take a long time walking... the church is pretty small too...

What did you play for Recessional?
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    edited December 2011
    We had a string quartet for the preludes and processional/recessionals. We also had a choir that sang during the mass.

We included the mothers with the BMs for the 1st song (8 ladies total). The musicians know how to end the 1st song appropriately, as long as they can see the aisle and can tell when the last BM is through. Then there was a slight pause between songs - the aisle runner went down (to my surprise, as the church did this without me knowing they would!) and the second song started. I took one big deep breath once the music started and took my time. I would advise that you ask all the ladies to walk slowly and calmy as it helps the photogs get better pictures.

For our recessional, we used La Réjouissance by Handel, then we used Sonata No. 7 in F by Mozart after that.

• edited December 2011
    The mothers are walking in and lighting the candles to Aways be a chid. BM's are walking to the feather theme from the opening of Forest Gump. I am walking down the asile to trumpet voluntary.
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't officially decided processional or interlude music which will be played on the organ, but as a suprise to FI I'm having a bagpiper come out and lead us out of the church to the song, "Mari's Wedding"
  • edited December 2011
    Processional --

Mothers - All I Ask of You - Weber
    Bridal Party - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire - Pachabel
    Bride (ME) - Canon in D

Recessional - Spring - Vivaldi

They all sound beautiful :)
  • mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Arioso by Bach for the seating of the mothers. MY MOH and bridesmaid processed  in to Cannon in D and I processed in to Trumpet Voluntary.  The recessional was Handel's Water Music (With Trumpet and Horns).  All of this was played by our organist.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    @ Myroni03: we are using Mari's Wedding too!  But with a fiddler (even though my MOH plays the bagpipes) and using the lyrics "Onward to the Kingdom".     
    Processional: we wrote them all down, and they aren't songs most people know for the bridal party.   For me- we are going to use "Give me your hand" and then use a gathering song as well-  "Canticle of the Turning" which is the tune of Star of the County Down.

We really really really love Irish/Celtic music- and are so happy our priest does as well! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    @ela:  I just checked out your bio- and I have over half of the same inspiration photos as you do (mostly flowers and cakes, and I love your hair)!  AND- is your ring from Brilliant Earth?  That was one of my four final choices (he ended up getting a different one from southafricandiamonds.com, another conflict free site).  I was originally going to go with the Watermelon (dark pink) dresses from David's Bridal- but we ended up with Marine (aka navy), with dark pink accent colors (flowers, favors, shoes, etc). 

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    @Riss - thank you so much for your advice. I must get a quartet now!

@Ellen - I wanted to do navy with light pink, but two of my BMs prefered the pink... dresses are in dark raspberry, hence my invitation scheme - raspberries that my sister drew for me :)
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    edited December 2011
    e_jakiela - you're welcome! You can get away with a trio if you want to save some money. The quartet will have 2 violins, 1 viola, 1 cello. A trio will either nix the viola or the extra violin. You don't notice *too* much of a difference. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards