March 2012 Weddings

So apparently I am a bridezilla - vent

So I was complaining to a co-worker that FI hasn't gone to pick his tux out (I know it doesn't take that long it is just annoying because it is the only thing he has had to do for the wedding and I've asked him a million times - oh but if something needs to be done to his jeep or truck it is done immediately). 

So she proceeds to tell me that I am a bit of a bridezilla - nothing like what is on the shows - but showing me that normal brides are at this level and I'm above them..... her reason - because of how early I've gotten everything done and how early I want everything done(I only started booking vendors, etc. in mid July).  So excuse me for being a planner and doing stuff early so I am not a wreck the month before and so I can find some ways to save $$ (by the way we also bought a house and moved while planning the wedding).  She goes on to say how she bought her dress 3 1/2 months before her wedding and it was made from scratch blah blah.......consider me annoyed.

Re: So apparently I am a bridezilla - vent

• ew. if anyone at worked called me a bridezilla i would not be happy.
    Anniversary
  • Oh, girl, if someone told me that I would lose it! Planning ahead is definitely not being a bridezilla.

P.S. I am totally with you on the tux thing. My FI hasn't picked his out, either, and it's driving me nuts! 
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_apparently-am-bridezilla-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:14386cf2-9a39-4037-8f74-4dc189af687bPost:9e0cb82b-cbaa-42aa-a3a9-5db621d3e75c">Re: So apparently I am a bridezilla - vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, girl, if someone told me that I would lose it! Planning ahead is definitely not being a bridezilla. P.S<strong>. I am totally with you on the tux thing. My FI hasn't picked his out, either, and it's driving me nuts! </strong>
    Posted by elidellio[/QUOTE]

This!
    Baby Boy will be making his way into our life EDD April 5, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • edited January 2012
    No way a bridezilla for planning ahead..actually, I think all of 'US" March Brides started planning within a few weeks/months after getting engaged for your exact statement
     "doing stuff early so I am not a wreck the month before" , don't let her ruin your day....

Here is the Definition of a BRIDEZILLA (according to wikipedia) A bridezilla (a neologistic portmanteau of bride and Godzilla) is a difficult, unpleasant, perfectionist bride.

And for the last few months getting to know all of the March Brides, I wouldn't classify any of us as this!!
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
  • I would have shown her bridezilla. Lol My FI hasn't done his tux either. I've been on him about it for a week and I just talked to him and he is there now getting fitted with the groomsmen :) . Don't worry he will probably go soon.
    image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't know that planning a wedding was being a bridezilla. Geez, I guess I'm a King Kong of bridezilla's then.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • Hate when people drop that word for no real good reason. It just really brings out the true BIOTCH in me!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_apparently-am-bridezilla-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:14386cf2-9a39-4037-8f74-4dc189af687bPost:c3ed9101-1b19-4ef1-8f93-7dd9ebdcb901">Re: So apparently I am a bridezilla - vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hate when people drop that word for no real good reason. It just really brings out the true BIOTCH in me!
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

This!!!

I cant stand that word. Or when people say " I cant wait for the bridezilla to come out in you"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    170image Invited to the Our romantic garden wedding
    19 image Are ready to party
    2 image Are missing out
    149 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/18
  • Yeah, that is just WRONG to call someone that, unless you are the MOH who has been getting bossed around for months, or the FI who constantly gets yelled at!

FI and I finalized the tuxes last weekend. The GM have until February 1 to order the tuxes (if I remember correctly). I've decided I WILL NOT ask FI about them again. He is a grown man and these are his friends that are standing up with him. If he doesn't get it done, they will all wear gray pants and white shirts and it will be FINE.

Lately I've really concentrated on letting the little things go... it has helped a TON!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_apparently-am-bridezilla-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:14386cf2-9a39-4037-8f74-4dc189af687bPost:5be075b0-89dd-49da-af8d-91d70c9d54bd">Re: So apparently I am a bridezilla - vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't know that planning a wedding was being a bridezilla. Geez, I guess I'm a King Kong of bridezilla's then.
    Posted by femmepink[/QUOTE]<div>
     Hahahaha</div>
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_apparently-am-bridezilla-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:14386cf2-9a39-4037-8f74-4dc189af687bPost:17196290-e719-4074-b37d-d05fb40ca2c7">Re: So apparently I am a bridezilla - vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]No way a bridezilla for planning ahead..actually, I think all of 'US" March Brides started planning within a few weeks/months after getting engaged for your exact statement  "doing stuff early so I am not a wreck the month before" , don't let her ruin your day....    Here is the Definition of a BRIDEZILLA ( according to wikipedia) A bridezilla (a neologistic portmanteau of bride and Godzilla) is a difficult, unpleasant, perfectionist bride. And for the last few months getting to know all of the March Brides, I wouldn't classify any of us as this!!
    Posted by bdgrl73[/QUOTE]

This!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • Uhm yeah - my cousin called me that at Christmas and I about lost it. She's not even around me ever and has no idea what I've done for the wedding. My sister and I got into an argument about my hotel block and my cousin threw it out there to stir the pot. She got the dirtiest look I could throw out and other people noticed. I have been really calm through this whole process and even FI says so. I just wanted to throw something at her head. Now, give me about 3 weeks and bridezilla might just come out if someone doesn't make his guys get fitted!! lol.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Totally would have went bridezilla on her.  Planning ahead is by no means bridezilla..........it's called being SMART!  I think you have every right to get on your FI about getting tuxes.  The more things get put off the more stressed and rushed it's going to be closer to the wedding.  My FI has had the tuxes picked out since end of November.  Fortunately my FI likes having things done in advanced.  He may actually be more organized than me!
  • I would be so mad if someone said that to me. I have tired (and I think have been successful) at being level headed about it.

Though I have been all over FI about RD since his parents are paying and he has barley lifted a finger for it. And he still hasn't gotten rooms blocked off for his family coming for out of town. Its driving my nuts!
    imageAnniversary
  • Oh man, I would have probably freaked out and shown her Bridezilla. Being ahead of the game does not qualify you as bridezilla. We had our tuxes picked out in July and all the guys ordered them last month. Does that make my Bridezilla? NO. Being inconsiderate, bossy, b!tchy, and over controlling to all of those involved in the wedding makes you a bridezilla. So, clearly homegirl needs to know the difference. Perhaps you show her next time she opens her big mouth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_apparently-am-bridezilla-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:14386cf2-9a39-4037-8f74-4dc189af687bPost:9f717662-03ec-4615-b6bb-1ddddb30942c">Re: So apparently I am a bridezilla - vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, <strong>I would have probably freaked out and shown her Bridezilla. </strong>Being ahead of the game does not qualify you as bridezilla. We had our tuxes picked out in July and all the guys ordered them last month. Does that make my Bridezilla? NO. Being inconsiderate, bossy, b!tchy, and over controlling to all of those involved in the wedding makes you a bridezilla. So, clearly homegirl needs to know the difference. Perhaps you show her next time she opens her big mouth.
    Posted by brittandjp[/QUOTE]

This! No, you weren't being a Bridezilla though. I am getting frustrated with FI because he hasn't gotten a tux, or booked the HM. His only 2 tasks! I am dragging him to the store this weekend to get the tux done. Ugh, boys! ;-)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm with Cary and Brittany. I would've definitely been like "I'll show you BZ, B!TCH"

But seriously, I started planning in June so I must be a HUGE bridezilla! haha Uhm, I think that's called being prepared, planning a wedding in three-four months is not ideal for everybody, and difficult to do these days, but kudos to those who do it. However, no kudos to those who think there's only one way to plan a wedding and it's their way. Don't let her get you down, it's stupid that she even said that. Maybe she's just jealous you have so much time to do things and she didn't do it that way and SHE was a true bridezilla. 

Miserable people like making other people miserable.

Don't give in to that. :)
  • I know it's annoying when people talk trash but I wouldn't have even let her phase me! Just becasue you are on top of things does NOT mean you are a bridezilla!!  My own friends made fun of me for the same reasons  (planning early), but now I am almost done and it's smooth sailing from here! 

If it makes you feel any better, a co-worker of mine was a huge bridezilla and I will give examples of why:

1- She did nothing but COMPLAIN the whole time.  Day in and day out she whined about her planning process.
    2- She was so anal about her BMs and every little thing they wore, even down to the way they wore their hair  (IIMO, I want my girls to enjoy themselves, not dread being in my wedding)
    3-She actually complained about her nieces and nephews having to be in wedding...UGH how RUDE!
    4- Nothing any of her vendors did was good enough!  All I did was hear her complain to them on the phone all day.  It was super annoying! 

I mean these things are bridezilla material if you ask me.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  •     Immediately after she said it she was like, not like its a bad thing blah blah, but never saying that I wasn't a bridezilla.  I just walked back to my desk.  She is over me at work so I couldn't really go off on her.  She is a little bit ridiculous sometimes, so I just have to ignore her. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she comes in and says she told her husband what she said and he pointed out that she was wrong to call me that.  She tends to put her foot in her mouth sometimes.  One time she made some comment about my FI being deployed not being that big of a deal because he wasn't in A-Stan. He was close to it but not in it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_apparently-am-bridezilla-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:14386cf2-9a39-4037-8f74-4dc189af687bPost:19f26bef-3fab-4cec-a2dd-3204e68062a1">Re: So apparently I am a bridezilla - vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]    Immediately after she said it she was like, not like its a bad thing blah blah, but never saying that I wasn't a bridezilla.  I just walked back to my desk.  She is over me at work so I couldn't really go off on her.  She is a little bit ridiculous sometimes, so I just have to ignore her.      I wouldn't be at all surprised if she comes in and says she told her husband what she said and he pointed out that she was wrong to call me that.  She tends to put her foot in her mouth sometimes.  One time she made some comment about my FI being deployed not being that big of a deal because he wasn't in A-Stan. He was close to it but not in it. 
    Posted by mary1217[/QUOTE]

Some people just don't know when to SHUT UP!  My sister called it Word Diarrhea! LOL 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards