Second Weddings

Haven't a clue how many guests will come

We will probably invite about 75 guests, but for various reasons I expect a lot of people may not attend. We could end up with as few as 10 guests or as many as 75.

I'm afraid that a full church service with an organ and a church hall reception is going to look empty and a bit pathetic if only 10 people come! If I could know ahead of time that  it would be that small, I would plan the ceremony in a small intimate venue, perhaps a B&B, and have the reception there or in a restaurant.

But obviously I can't commit to a small venue in case everyone comes. And obviously I can't wait until the RSVP's are in to make up my mind.

Can anyone help me to stop obsessing over this? Thanks!!

Re: Haven't a clue how many guests will come

• MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could put the word out, and get a feel for who would travel.   Some younger brides who think Save the Dates are a necessity use them for their projected head count.  We sent out Save the Dates to our wedding party, and family that was out of town. 

Due to our wedding being on a Sunday, the economy, and people's work schedules and job changes our RSVP in the affirmative was about 50%.  Which is A-typical 95% of our guests live out of town and some couldn't afford the Monday off or to travel to our area.
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, even if it is a big venue and you only have 10 people show up, it won't be that bad. When my grandma got married, she only had her immediate family there, no more than 10 people, in a giant full-sized catholic church. She still had the best day of her life. So don't sweat it. :)

(Also, on a side note, 1,000th post for me, yay!)
  • edited December 2011
    Pick a venue you love and enjoy your day no matter how many people show. My first was in a big church and only about 20 people showed but it was still a beautiful weding. Remember it's your day do it your way.
  • mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a small wedding (about 30 guest, including the wedding party).  We had a full Catholic mass in a large Catholic chapel (we didn't have it in our parishes even larger main sancutary).  It turned out fine and I didn't care that 90% of the pews where empty. 
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards