September 2013 Weddings

Colors for September?

Hello I'm Samantha and I'm getting married on September 14, 2013. I am having a hard time picking the color(s) for our wedding. We're having an outdoor ceremony and the whole wedding has an overall rustic theme. Our venue is beautiful and has a lot of wood work and trees. I would also really like sunflowers, that is one thing I know for sure. So based on that hopefully you could give me some suggestions on colors to use. Thank you for your time!

Re: Colors for September?

• You should be picking your colors with your FI. Since your wedding is outdoors. I'd stick with golds, wines, yellow, brown, and reds. Rich colors will complement the green and brown of the outdoors. But this is merely a suggestion.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have the same date and same type of wedding! We are having and outdoors, rustic wedding. I'm using sunflowers as the main flower and using a lot of burlap and lace. My colors are cream, dark pink, brown, purple, and yellow. They sound really random, but looks very pretty together.
  • I'm getting married on the same day as you...also going for a rustic feel.  A good thing that I did was talk to my local florist about what's in season in that time, and using those local, seasonal flowers as inspirations for colors.  I think sunflowers would be beautiful....they go well with navy, as well as many purple and pink colors.  Also, sage-y greens or even darker greens (hunter, emerald) could be great, too.  The thing about getting married in mid-September is you could go with either  a late summer or fall look...it's really up to you.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also getting married on same day! But my colors are a dark blue and white and probably a few other pops of color..i am also outside wedding
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am getting married 9.28.2013 and we are using blue and purple good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  September is a transitioning month full of color I say go with colors you really love and want to see in photos hung in your home years from now. To me no one will really looks at a picture and can  tell exacty what season it was unless their are obvious signs like snow or fallen leaves

• I am also getting married on 9.14.13 and also having an outdoor wedding at a local horse farm surrounded by tons of trees. My colors are fushia and silver, sounds odd to have at an ourdoor ceremony but had done lots of searching online and from pictures I seen with those colors outdoors is groegous!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are doing a rustic theme too!! We picked out a deep wine red and champagne colors! plus a little bit of orange!
  • Wow a lot of September 14 brides here. I am one too !! I am doing yellow, brown and some orange. All very fall-ish colors.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2012
    September is kind of a do what you want month - not quite summer, but still not fall.  We fully embraced the fall scheme (after venue dictated color change lol) and are doing dark red and burnt orange with accents of yellow/gold and green.  Wedding date is 09.28.2013!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Seems like I am one of the only ones NOT doing fall colors!  We are 9/21/13 and am doing blush pink, ivory, golds and hints of coral.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ellie, you aren't alone!  I'm a last day of summer bride and we're doing navy and yellow to send out the summer in style!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_colors-for-september?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:71824cfe-9379-4c3a-adcc-486b08c2b9e6Post:03a28e05-7ed2-410b-9481-3ca3ab886420">Colors for September?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello I'm Samantha and I'm getting married on September 14, 2013. I am having a hard time picking the color(s) for our wedding. We're having an outdoor ceremony and the whole wedding has an overall rustic theme. Our venue is beautiful and has a lot of wood work and trees. I would also really like sunflowers, that is one thing I know for sure. So based on that hopefully you could give me some suggestions on colors to use. Thank you for your time!
    Posted by soon2beMrs914[/QUOTE]

white and yellow
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited November 2012
    I'm also not doing Fall Colours. I purposely picked a September (28th) Date to avoid the Fall Colour Assumption. Once you hit October, you pretty much are stuck with fall colours.

We are doing Grey & Dark Purple (Think Eggplant or Plum).

After reading your post I immediately thought Grey & Yellow.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_colors-for-september?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:71824cfe-9379-4c3a-adcc-486b08c2b9e6Post:ec663489-2eca-4a4d-8490-e0976f899885">Re: Colors for September?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seems like I am one of the only ones NOT doing fall colors!  We are 9/21/13 and am doing blush pink, ivory, golds and hints of coral.
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

Ellie, I tried to run from fall colors as well, but my original pink and gray color scheme (love!) clashed terribly with the venue.  I considered going with eggplant and burnt orange, but traditional fall colors went best (and made planning the rest of the reception decor that much easier!)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Hi Date Twin!!! We're getting married on the beach, and since we are getting married at sunset I wanted some colors to go with that. Everything beachy just seemed way off with the season, so our colors are plum, orange, and chocolate. Good luck and happy planning 
  • I am getting married Sept 15th and we are doing blue, yellow, pink and white.  Flowers will be blue orchids, yellow and pink gerber daisys and white babys breath.  =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_colors-for-september?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:71824cfe-9379-4c3a-adcc-486b08c2b9e6Post:f88306a8-dfa8-4121-94bb-e4313d9bc0fb">Re:Colors for September?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have the same date and same type of wedding! We are having and outdoors, rustic wedding. I'm using sunflowers as the main flower and using a lot of burlap and lace. My colors are cream, dark pink, brown, purple, and yellow. They sound really random, but looks very pretty together.
    Posted by jtodd8[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh are we twins?!? Everything that you named is EXACTLY what I  am doing, that is so crazy! I ended up chosing Sangria so it's a "purpley" color.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_colors-for-september?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:71824cfe-9379-4c3a-adcc-486b08c2b9e6Post:e6c9c752-135f-47ce-9526-c9da2eba65db">Re:Colors for September?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should be picking your colors with your FI. Since your wedding is outdoors. I'd stick with golds, wines, yellow, brown, and reds. Rich colors will complement the green and brown of the outdoors. But this is merely a suggestion.
    Posted by JBSMADA10[/QUOTE]

He picked out his attire and the food and is paying for a lot of the wedding so he left the colors to me, and I was clueless. We decided on Sangria.
  • Thank you all for your help and suggestions I have decided on Sangria colored dresses for my girls. I loved all of your suggestons and y'all are going to have a beautiful wedding with all those great colors! Good luck everyone and congrats on your big day!! Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards