Just Engaged and Proposals

Destination Wedding..HELP

I am newly engaged, and making my list for our wedding is overwheleming with the amount of guests and te money. I have always wanted a beach wedding, need tips on what to look for and ask as i would love to do a destination wedding and not break the bank as we are also saving for our house.....any ideas and suggestions please let me knowCool

Re: Destination Wedding..HELP

• yes im doing the same, its just the two of us though always try to go for the all inclusive packages as it makes it just much easier, usually ranging at about 2grand tops
  • <div>I actually am also planning a destination wedding! I found the TheKnot Guide to Destination Weddings is SUPER helpful right now....it tells me how, when, what, etc. and is both a tip guide and a planner of sorts with space in the margines for check lists and to write ideas.</div><div>
    </div><div>My personal tips so far:</div><div>-Depending on budget a planner can be very helpful...it's their job to keep you on budget while    achieving the wedding you want!</div><div>-Don't be afraid to ask for a deal, or bargain for something less! These flowers instead of those, this room instead of that, or do we really need 3 kinds of lights? are all great questions...ask about everything and you can save LOTS!</div><div>-Register on a site like honeyfund.com where your "gifts" are actually elements of you honeymoon/wedding like "room on the beach" or "couples massage at the spa"...it's a nice and creative way of just asking for cash which will help you get the most out of your budget.</div><div>-PINTEREST! I have found great how-to's and "recipes" on making my own centerpieces, bouquet, invitations, etc.</div><div>-Check out green dress sites like preownedweddingdresses.com to find gorgeous gowns for half off or etsy....I've found lots of one of a kind gowns and USA made designer reproductions cheaper even than David's Bridal! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck and feel free to keep me posted!</div><div>Erica</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_destination-weddinghelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:7bf53423-7d2a-46a0-b8b4-8d2f92114770Post:0c339b87-28ac-44fc-99f7-8c730a3e581a">Destination Wedding..HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am newly engaged, and making my list for our wedding is overwheleming with the amount of guests and te money. I have always wanted a beach wedding, need tips on what to look for and ask as i would love to do a destination wedding and not break the bank as we are also saving for our house.....any ideas and suggestions please let me know
    Posted by spinto84[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards