Michigan-Northern

Traverse City Hair/Make-up

I would like some recommendations for Hair and Make-up in the Traverse City area. I have tried several salons and am getting no response.

There will not be time for a trial so I won't need that service. I want traditional make-up, not airbrushing. I will have a picture of the style I want to have done.

Thanks

Re: Traverse City Hair/Make-up

• I've been using Yelp to look for hair/makeup reviews.  Not sure if it's your style, but I'm planning to give Tonic Salon a try.  

I wish more ladies local to the area were active on this board.  Stuff like this is so hard to plan from afar.
  • I would check with the Chamber or the Visitor's Bureau for their member lists.  The Visitor's Bureau also has a wedding guide that has a list of vendors for hair, make-up and more.  There are a couple that I always hear about:

Pavlova Salon and Spa
    Salone De Capelli http://salonedecapelli.com/
    Epiphany Salon
  • edited March 2012
    June 29
  • If you want someone that will travel to your venue to do your makeup, you can try Lisa Miller Beauty (www.weddingmakeupmichigan.com) I looked into her and her work looks great, and she has a salon that she works with that will travel to your venue to do your hair (I think all that info is on her website). I think she's located in Petoskey/Harbor Springs area, so I'm not sure what her fees would be to travel to Traverse, but it's probably not too bad.
  • Check with the Resort. I know one of the cosmotologists there and she is great!
  • A few years too late - but I used Christine at La Bella Vida and she was amazing, and had great prices. I had nightmare trials with a few other places, but she nailed the style on the first try. Her makeup is amazing as well--not often that you find a single stylist who is top notch at both hair and makeup, all for a low price!  http://www.labellavidatc.com/
  • Style North might be worth looking into. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards