Michigan-Northern
Options

Northern Michigan Barn

I've recently gotten engaged (3 weeks ago!) and am interested in finding a barn for my wedding ceremony and reception. Does anyone have any great finds out there in the Traverse City/Suttons Bay/northern MI area?

Re: Northern Michigan Barn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Crooked Creek Farm is GORGEOUS... on lake leelanau... it is expensive, but beautiful...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeh, FI and I considered Crooked Creek Ranch. It is absolutely amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you need decor for the bard wedding I did one about 2 years ago and it was amazing.   I also have a vendor for rental of tables and chairs and tents if needed for extra space.  check out www.ladybugzcreations and go to galleries you will see the Barn photos from the wedding.  I did all the decor and lots of great ideas for simple to complex wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any luck finding a barn?? I recently heard of another one if you're still looking...
  • Options
    MrsJFountainMrsJFountain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be sure to check out Field of Flowers. Beautiful and MUCH more reasonable than Crooked Creek!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses... We actually couldn't find a barn that fit within our budget. I was totally shocked at how much they wanted to charge! Crooked Creek and Field of Flowers we had checked out already, and WOW, the cost was wwaaayy out of our budget! :(

If anyone else is looking around, we also found TLC Tomatoes. It was winter when I had called, so no one was available. She had returned my call last month or so, and was super nice... Sounds like they were a bit more reasonable than the above, but they didn't include chairs or tables in the cost. I had found a barn north of Muskegon that had included EVERYTHING (chairs, tables, lights) for $500, but unfortunately, they were not in the most ideal location (right near the expressway entrance ramp)... We ended up with a location in Cadillac that we love, and is more of an "all-inclusive", so a bit less of a headache! :)

Good luck on barn hunts ladies! 

• Options
    breau1kjbreau1kj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I realize this post was from 2010, but I was just curious, where was the wedding at in Cadillac?  Was it a barn wedding as you were looking for?  Thanks so much!!
  • Options
    Where was your Cadillac reception located at?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-northern_northern-michigan-barn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:628Discussion:7af17af8-e92c-4421-a32d-d16d79ccd977Post:a7003c61-8dab-4832-bc58-4198da3e5824">Re: Northern Michigan Barn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the responses... We actually couldn't find a barn that fit within our budget. I was totally shocked at how much they wanted to charge! Crooked Creek and Field of Flowers we had checked out already, and WOW, the cost was wwaaayy out of our budget! :( If anyone else is looking around, we also found TLC Tomatoes. It was winter when I had called, so no one was available. She had returned my call last month or so, and was super nice... Sounds like they were a bit more reasonable than the above, but they didn't include chairs or tables in the cost. I had found a barn north of Muskegon that had included EVERYTHING (chairs, tables, lights) for $500, but unfortunately, they were not in the most ideal location (right near the expressway entrance ramp)... We ended up with a location in Cadillac that we love, and is more of an "all-inclusive", so a bit less of a headache! :) Good luck on barn hunts ladies! 
    Posted by laura16lynn[/QUOTE]

Wondered on the name of the venue in Cadillac!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards