Registry and Gift Forum

Removing info from Amazing Registry - please help!!

Hi ladies,

If you haven't already, google your name with "wedding registry."  A site called Amazing Registry collects all that info, even from registries I have deleted or made private.  I'm trying to figure out how to remove my information from this site.  When I click on the contact us page there is an option that says, "remove registry."  It then tells me to go to the "contact us" page from your registry page, and then click delete.  It's not working for me though.

Can anybody figure this out and give me a step by step guide?  I think this is super creepy, and I have privacy concerns.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Removing info from Amazing Registry - please help!!

• Nevermind ladies - I figured it out. If you want to remove it, you need to use firefox instead of google chrome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well that was creepy I went through my registry page- contact us, remove registry, they send you and email with a link and that should purge your registry off their site. What creep asses... bleh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_removing-info-from-amazing-registry-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:9c326661-1abb-41c3-8ae7-94ec920bb5e6Post:46d2421c-6232-4769-b210-445e59465a4d">Re: Removing info from Amazing Registry - please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well that was creepy I went through my registry page- contact us, remove registry, they send you and email with a link and that should purge your registry off their site. What creep asses... bleh
    Posted by sparent2010[/QUOTE]
    I posted about this a few months ago. Since it's public info (like, anyone can look up your name), I guess they have the right to do it. They have the instructions on how to remove your listing from their site. Like you said, they will send you an email with a link to remove the site from Google's crawl. It takes a few days, but does work.
  • Oh, thank you. I had already seen our registries on there, and assumed that since they're so unscrupulous it's probably impossible to make them go away.
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    This is super creepy.  I just did it and it has me listed at stores I don't even shop at.  It also had me listed at BuyBuyBaby and Babies R Us!  WTF?  I never even created any of these registries!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much for the info! It's just like Spokeo. Now there is some SERIOUSLY creepy stuff.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have simplified the process to remove your own registry.  The new removal steps are:

1) Go to your registry 
    2) Click on 'Is this your registry' button
    3) Click on 'Remove registry'
    4) Type your name to verify you are the registrant
    5) Click on 'Remove registry'

That's it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at help@amazingregistry.com.
    Customer Support AmazingRegistry.com help@amazingregistry.com
  • Amazing registry is the most nightmarish website I have ever worked with. It doesn't reflect actual purchases, the "add to registry" button is fickle and need to be constantly reinstalled, and despite my repeated efforts to prioritize items they are never saved. DO NOT USE AMAZING REGISTRY.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards