June 2012 Weddings
Options

How did you choose your wedding date?

2»

Re: How did you choose your wedding date?

• Options
    Our first date was on July 3 2004 and since we usually take that whole week off..It just made sense to have the wedding as close to that date as possible. So June 30th was it..plus it makes it easier for FI to remember. 
  • Options
    We knew we wanted a date that would be easy for our family and friends to get off (teachers), and we found a great honeymoon that the tour started on June 9!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FI and I consider our anniversary on April 9th and the closest 9th that was on a Saturday was June.  And we became engaged July of last year!
  • Options
    Well we both wanted a summer wedding so we could have the ceremony outside.  We were originally planning for July 15th or so on a beach where my FI's mom's side always goes on vacation.  After learning our beach location was being converted into a parking lot for a new welcome center, we decided June to avoid the heat and potential weather issues of August.  For June we looked at all the VIPs calendars and found later in the month looks better.  I'm also a HUGE Shakespeare's "Midsummer night dream" fan so we went with the closest Friday to that date.
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We had to schedule it around Stanley Cup Playoffs. Originally we were thinking April, but that plan ended up not being very feasible, so then I decided it'd be nice to get married outside. FI did not want late may/early June because of Stanley Cup playoffs; heaven forbid the sabres actually make it that far. He threatened to tell his GM to go to the game if a home game fell on the wedding date, and that he'd spend the honeymoon in the bar watching the game; like St Maartin is going to have NBC, haha. So I caved, and looked at late June. We almost went with the 24th, but the 30th opened up at the venue we wanted so we went with it. It's a Canadian holiday weekend, so my family would have extra time, and our honeymoon falls during fourth of July week. The sabres didn't even make the playoffs, so we could've gotten married earlier, but oh well. Our wedding is on trade deadline day, but he can deal with that.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    We originally planned for March 30. That is the anniversary of our first date (and the day we use as our anniversary). The "we are a couple" talk was Dec 2. My birthday, Thanksgiving and his birthday are all that same week so we didn't want to put our anniversary in with all that. So March 30th is was, then I lost my job. We postponed and decided we needed 6mths to save which brought us to June. Then I realized my sister's 22nd anniversary was on a Saturday. She is my only sibling and has a wonderful marriage so I approached her to see if she'd be willing to share the date with me. She was thrilled and touched so June 16th it is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • Options
    Too cute!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_how-did-you-choose-your-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:02c87512-44bb-4ef4-af86-c9e6c562de90Post:513339e4-ae14-4d33-8464-671e6077c387">Re: How did you choose your wedding date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did you choose your wedding date? : 1 = I 4 = love 3 = you the numbers correspond with the amount of letters
    Posted by littleluckypenny[/QUOTE]
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are both fulltime students so we wanted a June wedding so we were out of school. As for picking the 16th we went through all the Saturdays in June and loved the 16th!
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are going on a honeymoon cruise in Alaska. Cruises start in May and end in September. FI has a career in football so we cannot go anytime after July. That left May and June. There are too many busy weekends in May so we looked at June. The best time for everyone to get together was 6.9.12. However, the church where we decided to have the ceremony (between our hometowns) allows members to take non-memeber dates if needed up to 3 months before the ceremony. It had never happened until Monster of the Bride came along and had to have our date. This happened last August so we moved our date up to 6.2.12. That was the only other semi-dencent weekend for us.

A week before our lock in date, the bride that took 6.9.12 changed her mind and moved her wedding up to May...
  • Options
    That's horrible the church allows that so close to a wedding date! It means you will always stress and someone can just swoop in and take your spot, throwing a wrench in any kind of planning..what if you ordered invitations already and you lost your location?
  • Options
    We chose June 23 because it is the anniversary of our first date(back in 2005) It turned out great that this year is a leap year because June 23 lands on a Saturday.
  • Options
    cmg317cmg317 member
    First Comment
    We are both huge football fans, no fall is out. I'm an accoutant so tax season is out. That leaves between May and July since we live in the south and late summer is too hot. We really wanted our venue and June 16 was the only Sat available in a 4 month time span.
  • Options
    We originally wanted May but our venue didn't have anything open except Memorial Day. June 22 was the first date they had so we took it. Date chosen. 
  • Options
    We knew it upon choosing our date but were told it had never happened before. The girl who took the date ended up changing anyway. I guess we were lucky it happened so far out. I tell ya what, if we ever settle in that area we'll look for a different church home.
  • Options
    I always wanted to be a June bride. At first I wanted early June, but because of family conflict we had to move it to late June.  When we went to book the venue they had June 22nd available so we took it.  It works out because our dating anni is Sept 22nd. Should be easy for FI to remember.
  • Options
    We knew we wanted an outdoor wedding, so we narrowed it down to April-September. Then we thought April and May could be cold, and July-September could be too hot, so it was June. Then we had to try to schedule around school (we both teach) and other events. We landed on June 23, which happens to be the day after my sister's birthday, the day before my FI's birthday, and two days before both his sister's birthday and his parents' anniversary. We felt like it would be nice to just celebrate all of those events around each other. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_how-did-you-choose-your-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:02c87512-44bb-4ef4-af86-c9e6c562de90Post:23a6e8a3-e46f-426f-9db1-412392dd9874">Re: How did you choose your wedding date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did you choose your wedding date? : I'm not either. I understand 1 4 3 is I love you but... 6/24/12 (dividing by 3) would be 2 8 4...not 1 4 3?? Anyway...now that my brain is all confused...we chose June 30th b/c we knew we wanted a May or June wedding outdoors...so we found the perfect venue and picked an open date!
    Posted by MiksChick23[/QUOTE]

I was thinking divide by 6, but that would get 1 4 2...
  • Options
    I was getting ready to graduate when we got engaged in 2010. We both wanted to be graduated so we timed the wedding to that. I thought I would have a teaching job by now so we went with June! :) Also, I like that its 6X2=12 :) ---> i know its silly but its a nice flow!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_how-did-you-choose-your-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:02c87512-44bb-4ef4-af86-c9e6c562de90Post:a4f8122f-1066-453b-b7c9-d75c56349730">Re: How did you choose your wedding date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]June 30th was the only day my church and venue both had available.
    Posted by ncd5015[/QUOTE]
    exactly this for our date.  and we chose june because we wanted to be able to do outdoor photos and whatnot, and school was out for fi.  and we figured june would be less hot and muggy than july or august (fi hates heat.... so logically, we're going to florida in june for the hm.  lol.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards