South Carolina-Charleston
Options

VENDOR RECOMMENDATIONS in Charleston!

We were just married in the SC Aquarium (with a ceremony at St. Mary’s church downtown) with a guest list of 185, and I have to share my three favorite vendors with everyone! If anyone in the Charleston area is looking for a day-of coordinator, a DJ, or a photographer, use these people! They are amazing and very hands-on!

For day-of and décor: Megan Click from Duvall:

Megan is the most fabulous girl in the world. Super sweet and accommodating and full of ideas. I needed a ton of help getting organized and putting the finishing touches on our reception and she covered everything! (We also used Megan with Duvall for floral and my bouquet was exactly what I wanted it to be!) Megan kept everyone in line and organized on the day of and kept coming up to me to see if I needed anything (a drink) and also to let me know what was next in line (garter toss, speeches, pictures, whatever) and make sure I was ready. We emailed about 15 times a day sometimes with different questions, reminders, and ideas, and I seriously could not have pulled off our wedding without her.

Next, DJ: Dave Rush. His email is drushmore@aol.com and we received soooooo many compliments on how great our dj was! All we wanted was a fun dance party and the dance floor was PACKED the entire night! We also wanted him to work with us on song selections and to find some great Latin music and he was soooo accommodating and met with us several times to make sure our playlist was exactly as we wanted it to be. We also did a first dance remix (start slow and break into something funny) and he put three different mix cds in our mailbox while we were trying to decide. Seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about Dave. Email me if you want his phone number! (He’s putting together a new website now but it’s not ready yet.)

Lastly (and most importantly!) our photographer: Shannon Cunningham: (http://shannonmichelephotographyblog.com/).

We ABSOLUTELY LOVED our wedding pictures! If you go to her blog (the one above) you can look at ours (Gervase and Kevin). Not only did she work tirelessly from 2pm til midnight, she captured every moment I needed her to, and then some. She made us look like we should be in a magazine and she is the sweetest, most personable and accommodating girl in the world. She really captured “us.” Also, my husband and I both have huge families, our wedding party was pretty big, and we only one hour of sunlight left after our ceremony to bang out all the mandatory shots. Shannon took charge (without somehow being too bossy) and fit it all in! Honestly, in this case our pictures speak louder than words. Look at her blog and email her if you are getting married in Charleston! You will love your pictures!

Email me with any more questions about these vendors! I'd love to help. I know how hard and overwhelming the process can be and picking the right vendors is so imp. ;)

gervasecaycedo@gmail.com

Re: VENDOR RECOMMENDATIONS in Charleston!

• Options
    Mieke7882Mieke7882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did Duvall do your catering and decorating as well? We are thinking of considering them for our October 2011 wedding. 
  • Options
    gervase223gervase223 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they did our decor, but not our catering. For catering we used Cru Catering (Awesome). And we didn't do much with decor, but Megan designed our centerpieces, was in charge of our pipe and drape, and picked the colors of everything. They've got everything, though!
    Let me know if you have any more questions!
    G
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards