Arkansas

Gown shopping--prices

I'm needing to know what bridal stores in Arkansas sell dresses for around or under 500. I know it's a low budget, but I'm not willing to give up my honeymoon for the cost of a designer dress. Thanks!!

Re: Gown shopping--prices

• edited December 2011
    I would start out a Low's. They have a floor that is all sale dresses. All the dresses up there are 50% off. I got mine there from the sale floor and it was only $470. They have soo many to choose from to. Its not just old styles, lots of beautiful dresses.

HTH!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hanna & Cory
  • Tonya13Tonya13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll make an appointment!
  • mlhubbardmlhubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Danielle's Bridal in Clarksville and got mine for $550!  They were SO friendly and they do alterations in house (Lows does not which means you hold onto your dress).
  • edited December 2011
    David's Bridal in LR....Great girls there!! They're so very helpful!

Good luck in your search!
  • Tonya13Tonya13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know about Proposals? They have an upcoming trunk show for one of my fave designers but I think that it might be quite pricey.
  • Tonya13Tonya13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The website makes them seem like they probably aren't budget friendly. And from what I've heard, the dresses I would want to try on are probably twice by budget so It wouldn't be a good plan to go try them on =/
    Sad day, but I'm sure I can find something or get something made.

• pnmchicpnmchic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure where your located in Arkansas. But Im in Fort Smith and there's a place called Bridal Elegance here. its a local boutique kind of place. they have some really cheap dresses. i paid $289 for mine with taxes! :) 
    Anniversary
  • Tonya13Tonya13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a really awesome price! I'm in the Jonesboro area and I'm going to try Jessica's in Bay this Saturday. I've been before and they do have good prices. Wish me luck!
  • Tonya13Tonya13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress today! We tried on about 200 (or so it felt) before settling on one. It was a great price (under 300!!) and the staff was really nice (even though they were real busy). Turns out that my parents hate my preferred style (empire waist, very bohemian and flowly) so I ended up getting a taffeta gown that I don't really care for (luckily it looks great on me). I'm going to get the dress I love for my rehearsal dinner (since I really prefer dresses that are super informal) and just make sure that I do pictures in it. That's my bittersweet tale.  I do recommend Jessica's in Bay if you're in the area (it's outside of Jonesboro).
  • mlhubbardmlhubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for finding your dress!!  Congratulations!
  • eliciadovereliciadover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Proposals is awesome! I went on black friday the day after thankgiving last year and got my designer 2010 dress for a steal!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards