Snarky Brides

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

We had some wicked storms here last night and I slept like the dead.

Tonight is alumni night at PetSmart. So, Atticus and I may go alone.

Whats up on this wet Wednesday?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:2ed30842-0b22-46b4-aad1-6bac1e87e795">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It rained all night here too.  Except I woke up around 4am and didn't get back to sleep for at least an hour. Then when my alarm went off, I was in a dreamy haze and I thought it was ringing and<strong> I was getting a call from 1ofthosedays and my screen showed her sig pic of her dog.</strong>  Weirdo. Not much going on here.  I forgot my lunch.  Grr.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Are you take some of Annas drugs?

I had weird dreams too, but I forgot them by the time I got to work. I do remember it had something to do with the $20 bill I have in my purse. I paid for dinner Saturday night on my husbands CC, yoga instructor (friend Janice) paid for her portion with cash. Well in my dream husband was mad I hadnt given him the $20's and we were on a farm where they were fattening up the horses so they could slaughter them to eat,I decided to become a vegetarian right then and there.
  • No weird dreams for me last night! 

Last night was fun, we had our group dance lessons - we got to dance with a bunch of different people, which was interesting...except there was a guy who REEKED of BO and I almost gagged every time I had to dance.  Dance lessons are not the time to forget deodorant or toothpaste people!!  But it was still a great night :)

Tonight I'm not cooking, but tomorrow I'm making breakfast sandwiches on toast with fried eggs, bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato.  They are SO GOOD and I absolutely can't wait.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome JCB, do you sell a lot through them? We so rarely go to concerts we've never run into a issue of having to sell. The last concert we went to was Johnny Lange at HOB. We like the small arena there as opposed to the big amphitheaters.

Alski EWWWW! That shoud be written on a wall in dance school somewhere, and I'd make sure the instructor talked to him, nasty.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:345b821a-30ea-4b04-938f-d02baa407616">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]kd, only when we have to.  We bought two pairs of tickets back in like May for an October show then booked an in-home chef prepared dinner for us and 8 friends for the same night.  Grr.  We both really want to see her so it kinda sucks.  But coordinating 10 people's schedules + the chefs was a PIA.  I listed each ticket at $175 and after stubhub's ridiculous commission, we net $297.  So if we don't sell the other pair, we'll only be out 12 bucks. <strong>alois, who is in your sig if you're not yet married?</strong>  I'm confused. And, yeah, that's disgusting.  Did he have a female partner?  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I think that's the bouquet she is looking at for her wedding. Correct me if I'm wrong Alski.

I did purples as well and I love that bouquet.
  • Good morning. 

I've been having weird dreams lately as well. I don't really remember last night's (besides my trying to move non-existent lumber in the bedroom in my sleep), but the night before was bad enough to make me wake up crying. :(

I'm going to attempt to work from home today, but the computers at the office are so effed up that I may have to go in anyways if I can't connect well remotely.
  • Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    What are you people eating/drinking/smoking before bed?  Those are some weird dreams. 

I unintentionally ate horse one time, I cried for hours after I found out. 

I fell asleep on the couch last night so I've been up off and on since 2:30 this morning.  Surprisingly, I feel pretty rested - we'll see if that holds until this afternoon.  I'm just counting the days until I leave for Nashville (8 if you don't count today).  I can't begin to tell you how much I need this trip to see my girls. 

ETA: HOLY SHIST DOT!!!  You're 3 days out!  HTH did that happen?!?!
  • Dot!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Mainly so you can get this over with and then ignore your family for a few months. Or years.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:e0fdc50b-969c-48e7-ab65-f52bed2d1525">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dot!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Mainly so you can get this over with and then ignore your family for a few months. Or years.
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

You think you can just blow in here and not show us pictures woman?!

Dot-So excited for you, and cant wait to see pictures. Where are you guys going on your HM.

Girlie- I really feel the need for a vacation too, I mean one where I do a whole lot of nothing, but I dont see that coming anytime soon. Have fun on your trip!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:486aed64-c331-4af2-97e4-ed75ca619253">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone! : <strong> I think that's the bouquet she is looking at for her wedding. </strong>Correct me if I'm wrong Alski. I did purples as well and I love that bouquet.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Yup!  Just my inspiration.  I'm not savvy enough to write a caption on it haha

I'm sooo in love with this bouquet :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:13a81fee-e783-48a5-a539-fc4a7dfb6ac6">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys. Today is my first day off work until I get back from our honeymoon. I'll be spending all day getting stuff packed up and delivered to the venue. Then I need to do some housework. Our email at work has been down for three days and it wiped out all of my contacts on my phone too since they are synced. So that sucks.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Woo! 3 days!!  You're so close :)  Hope everything is perfect for you!
  • Well if someone would go to PB, then someone might be able to see some pictures of Celtic.  ;) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:e3f550b7-349b-493e-ae6c-f29ac8ae3e9a">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well if someone would go to PB, then someone might be able to see some pictures of Celtic.  ;) 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Uh, NO!
  • Morning!

I've been so busy lately. Business has been crazy (no complaints!) but I think I need my own vacation soon!  

It's been rainy here as well and only supposed to be a high of 65 today. And there's snow falling above 11k feet! Yippee!

My guy has a class at church tonight so I'm on my own. I'm going to have a fat glass of red wine, a bowl of shepherd's pie, and I'm going to lay on the couch with a book and a fluffy blanket. Smile  

Any good book recommendations?

Girlie1030 - that photo in your siggie cracks me up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mmmmm, shepherd's pie.  I haven't made that in yonks.  Good comfort food.

Dot - best wishes for a great day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:382631b7-ced6-4533-b00d-d7573502182f">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think kd will ever join us on PB.  Sadly.  And where the heck has bk been?  I haven't seen her on either.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, when I ping her on FB she says work will not let her play with us. And I know she and H have been busy on the house.

Disney- A book and cozy blanket sound great. I'm reading Abraham Lincol Vampire Hunter right now. I'm really enjoying it, just not in my reading mode right now, so it's taking awhile.

I just finished a wonderful book called Walk the Red Road, its the second in the series, the first is Beyond the Western Sun. Cant wait for number 3 to come out!
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I haven't actually AW'd on PB yet, waiting for the rest of the photos. Our photographer did send me 5 as a sneak peak the day of the wedding though. Here is one as a tease. 

• Beautiful Celtic! 

Disney, what kind of books do you like?  I'm a big fan of Lisa Jackson (murder/thriller type) or The Lincoln Lawyer series by Michael Connelly is a lot of fun. 

It's only 10:00 here and I'm already tempted to have my tomoto soup and cheeze-its.  That's not good. 
  • I'm working on it, KD. As we speak, actually! I think I like the third one the best so far.

Not much happening here, just writing and lesson planning. Then I'm going to take a nap.
  • Wow Dot - have a wonderful time!!!

I'm working on The Happiness Project for my book club, but it's taking a while. Not really my type of book, but it's not bad. There are some good ideas in it, but ... meh, not my thing.

I got my playbook yesterday, so I need to play with that for a while. It has the kobo app built in, but I've been using calibre and it's not supported. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sunny here, and I'm planning to finish the entertainment centre today, cook supper, do some cardio and then collapse in a pile of goo on the couch. Curriculum night tomorrow.

I made a yummy butternut squash au gratin last night and will have the leftovers with grilled chicken breast this evening! (I know you're all talking lunch, but it's almost supper time here!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry ladies I had to go eat lunch. Thanks Girlie, I now want tomato soup and cheez-its!

I need something great to read to get me back in the reading mode. Yours almost had me there, than I finished it.

Celtic-Love your pictures so far! Your dress is gorgeous. Congratulations!
  • Heh, I got moderated on Weddingbee. All I said was that a very ungrateful bride was a piece of work. I get an email saying that personal attacks are against their TOS and they removed the comment.
    Wow, talk about sticks up asses.
  • Jeez Leah, it's not like you called her dog ugly or anything. 

KD, it was very yummy.  Now I'm going to have to figure out what to eat when I get hungry again later.  I suck. 

Jenny, I'm tired just reading about your day. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:6aad8600-770e-42a5-8874-dcac35af2f12">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow Dot - have a wonderful time!!! I'm working on The Happiness Project for my book club, but it's taking a while. Not really my type of book, but it's not bad. There are some good ideas in it, but ... meh, not my thing. I got my playbook yesterday, so I need to play with that for a while. <strong>It has the kobo app built in, but I've been using calibre</strong> and it's not supported. Anyone have any suggestions? Sunny here, and I'm planning to finish the entertainment centre today, cook supper, do some cardio and then collapse in a pile of goo on the couch. Curriculum night tomorrow. I made a<strong> yummy butternut squash au gratin</strong> last night and will have the leftovers with grilled chicken breast this evening! (I know you're all talking lunch, but it's almost supper time here!)
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

Ok, the first things sounds like you are speaking a foreign language, so I'm no help there.

Second, I'm gonna need that recipe please. I have a squash on the counter waiting on me to eat it.
  • Girlie - I'm mostly a non-fiction, classics, and christian book reader, but it depends on my mood. I'm a HUGE Jane Austen fan and I reread Pride & Prejudice every winter! I took the Best of Women's Travel Writing 2012 with me on a trip and was greatly disappointed. Loved Eat Pray Love (disliked the movie). I used to love John Irving until he wrote A Son of the Circus.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love Jane Austen. 

Have you tried any historical fiction?  The White Queen and The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory I couldn't put down. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:12fe2661-0c60-4749-ba9c-b9cc31ffeb71">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Jane Austen.  Have you tried any historical fiction?  The White Queen and The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory I couldn't put down. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I haven't. I'll have to check them out! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9463df17-743f-4a80-abb0-f1c858244c2cPost:fe25c212-8076-467e-bc00-4fa7b6124554">Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day Everyone! : Ok, the first things <strong>sounds like you are speaking a foreign language</strong>, so I'm no help there. Second, I'm gonna need that recipe please. I have a squash on the counter waiting on me to eat it.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

lol kd! My old e-reader died from overuse, and it was the same price to buy a Blackberry Playbook as it was to buy another e-reader, so I got that. But I've been using an app that allows me to download books from everywhere, and I can't download it for the playbook. But it's okay, I found another one today that looks promising...

Butternut Squash au Gratin

-Seed, peel and cube or slice one butternut squash
    -put in pot with just enough water to cover. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes until tender.

-preheat oven to 350

-in pan on stove, saute a small onion in 1tbsp butter. Add 2 tbsp flour and a dash of pepper, stir.
    -Add 1cup chicken broth. Stir together
    -Add 1 cup cheddar, stir to blend. Set aside.

When squash is boiled, drain and pour half into a square casserole dish. Top with 1/2 cheese mixture and repeat layers (I had two layers). Top with more shredded cheese and some real bacon bits.

-Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.

Enjoy! I also have a recipe for roasted squash that I want to try too...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards