Registry and Gift Forum

What to register for?!?

My hubby to be and I are late 20's/early 30's and have what we need for our house (that we bought two years ago), anything that we dont' have, we buy. I wish we could say that we should upgrade our things, but our furniture is newer, we own a dyson, brand new stainless applicance... We originally thought we would do the Honeymoon registry thing, but after reading many comments on the boards, I guess it's not the greatest idea. Soooo what do we register for?

Re: What to register for?!?

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    It doesn't have to be things you'd use immediately or even every day. We created a small registry, and I didn't have a shower.

DH & I registered for "upgrades" like:

1. Various shapes and sizes of nice glassware (rocks glasses, all the beer glass styles, glass mugs, champagne flutes, the correct kind of wine glasses)

2. Crystal vases (replacing the 99-cent glass ones I had)

3. Crystal pitcher and water glasses

4. "Entertaining" items like divided serving trays and cake/dessert platters

5. Upgraded Pyrex storage items and the like

6. Additional serving bowls and platters that matched our existing plates

7. Waffle iron/griddle/Keurig accessories and other fun things

8. "Brand name" sheets and towel sets

9. Artwork and coffee table books

10. Picture frames (again, to replace my 99-cent ones!)

HTH!!! Smile
  • You could send me your dyson and register for a brand new one!  :)

But I agree with itzMS, walk around a Crate and Barrell or Bed, Bath and Beyond and see if there's anything you could use, even if it would be rare. FI registered for a smoking gun at Williams-Sonoma. You know that will get used maybe twice a year...

Do you have any hobbies that require equipment you could register for (camping, photography, etc)?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_what-to-register-for-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:52581daf-5a11-4711-bcff-b5650fd9f923Post:0552cb61-6da0-4631-ac3a-68d8f62fd2ce">What to register for?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My hubby to be and I are late 20's/early 30's and have what we need for our house (that we bought two years ago), anything that we dont' have, we buy. I wish we could say that we should upgrade our things, but our furniture is newer, we own a dyson, brand new stainless applicance... We originally thought we would do the Honeymoon registry thing, but after reading many comments on the boards, I guess it's not the greatest idea. Soooo what do we register for?
    Posted by mlurness[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>You probably already have dishes - do you have a holiday set? I don't know if you're a Christmas person or intend to host holidays in your home, but some Christmasy dishes might be something you enjoy years from now. Other fun entertainng things like a fondue pot or a chip and dip might be nice too. Mbybe look around Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn or William Sonoma and see if there are any fun things you'd like that you'd never actually buy yourself.</div><div>
    </div><div>You might also want some extra sheets, towels and table linens - those things wear out quickly and are easy to store. I've also noticed cutting boards can get really mucked up over time, maybe a spare one of those would be good - again, easy to store.</div><div>
    </div><div>Do you use glass food storage for leftovers or are you still using tuperware? A nice set of pyrex glasswear might be nice. Also I've heard icky things about plastic shower curtain liners leaching things due to the heat they can be exposed to - maybe a nice fabric one would be a good small gift for someone on a budget.</div><div>
    </div><div>What about nice coat hangers for your closet and nice orgazational bins? A really nice throw for your couch and some new pillows? A garment steamer? I would have never bought my shark steamer for myself, but I really like it, especially for freshening up the drapes and my upholstered furniture. </div><div>
    </div><div>New area rugs and lamps might also be something you've overlooked. Macy's has a nice selection and they let you register for them.</div><div>
    </div><div>What about outdoor stuff like melamine plates and nice looking plastic tumblers, an outdoor table cloth, bistro set and grilling accessories? My friend in your situation registered for some great stuff at Target and Crate and Barrel like solar outdoor pathway lights, outdoor storage bins, corn on the cob grilling baskets, etc. and a lot of people bought her that stuff. She was thrilled that her back patio was so nice after her wedding. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_what-to-register-for-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:52581daf-5a11-4711-bcff-b5650fd9f923Post:a2ddf4d8-672b-4e15-add8-724e00cfa732">Re: What to register for?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What to register for?!? : You probably already have dishes - do you have a holiday set? I don't know if you're a Christmas person or intend to host holidays in your home, but some Christmasy dishes might be something you enjoy years from now. Other fun entertainng things like a fondue pot or a chip and dip might be nice too. Mbybe look around Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn or William Sonoma and see if there are any fun things you'd like that you'd never actually buy yourself. You might also want some extra sheets, towels and table linens - those things wear out quickly and are easy to store. I've also noticed cutting boards can get really mucked up over time, maybe a spare one of those would be good - again, easy to store. Do you use glass food storage for leftovers or are you still using tuperware? A nice set of pyrex glasswear might be nice. Also I've heard icky things about plastic shower curtain liners leaching things due to the heat they can be exposed to - maybe a nice fabric one would be a good small gift for someone on a budget. What about nice coat hangers for your closet and nice orgazational bins? A really nice throw for your couch and some new pillows? A garment steamer? I would have never bought my shark steamer for myself, but I really like it, especially for freshening up the drapes and my upholstered furniture.  New area rugs and lamps might also be something you've overlooked. Macy's has a nice selection and they let you register for them. What about outdoor stuff like melamine plates and nice looking plastic tumblers, an outdoor table cloth, bistro set and grilling accessories? My friend in your situation registered for some great stuff at Target and Crate and Barrel like solar outdoor pathway lights, outdoor storage bins, corn on the cob grilling baskets, etc. and a lot of people bought her that stuff. She was thrilled that her back patio was so nice after her wedding. 
    Posted by Fancypantsamy[/QUOTE]

<div>This is the route I plan on taking when we start to register.  I'm 32 and have owned my own house since I was 22 so I have all of the basics.  I'm going to register for party stuff and odds and ends that I would not normally spend my own money on but that I would love to have.</div>
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards