New York-Long Island
Options

Alteration Recommendations?

I'm not getting hitched until October of this year, but figured I'd start asking around.

I'll need a serious hem - maybe as much as a foot - and may need the hem to be angled (I sit in a wheelchair & want the dress to cover my toes, but am afraid a straight-across hem that length will result in a too-long back.).

So can anyone recommend any talented seamstresses?  Bonus points if they take potentially difficult cases!  I'll go anywhere on the island west of the Hamptons, but the closer to Nassau, the better.

Thanks!

Re: Alteration Recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom had her alterations done at Fantasia Bridal in Rocky Point and they did an AWESOME job... they'll work with just about anything... just an FYI, go earlier rather then later, they book up fast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a private seamstress - she's on the expensive side, however, she does amazing work.

PM me if you want more information.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks very much for your suggestions!
  • Options
    laureng66laureng66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Alterations by Millie and I recommend her VERY highly.  her contact number is 516-775-1774.  This is the testimonial I left on one of her pages and I stand by it completely:

I cannot say enough nice things about Millie! Her work on my dress was AMAZING - I wanted to change the entire neckline from thick lace straps to a sleeveless sweetheart neckline. Millie's work was so beautiful - she made sure that the fit was perfect, and the way that she reconstructed the neckline was exactly what I hoped could be done! Also, Millie is so friendly and sweet! I recommended Millie to my entire bridal party, and I will never have to search for a seamstress again because I am always going back to Millie for everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards