Delaware
Options

Things to do with kids in Wilmington?

Hey ladies!  I just found out my MOH is bringing her 18 month old son to the wedding.  I wasn't planning on him coming, but her husband will still be deployed at the time of the wedding and she's bringing her mom as well to keep an eye on him (mom was invited to the wedding) so I'm not getting worked up about it or anything.

Her mom will need something to do with him while MOH is with us on Friday night at the rehearsal dinner from about 6:00pm - his bedtime (8-ish?) and Saturday morning/afternoon while we're getting ready until the wedding at 5:30pm.

The wedding and hotel they're staying at are in the downtown Wilmington area, but North Wilmington wouldn't be too bad for them to get to.  They'll probably have a car to use.

I've thought of the Brandywine Zoo so far, haha.   I've lived in DE my whole life, but it's been awhile since I was a kid and I don't have friends here with kids yet so I need some suggestions. 

Thanks! :)
ttc chart
BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12

Re: Things to do with kids in Wilmington?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hands down, the new Delaware Children's Museum.  It's located in the old Kahunaville.  I have heard from so many friends, so many parents that it is awesome and that kids go gaga for it.  Plus, it's in a perfect location for them.

If she is willing to make the trip up to Philly (perhaps on Saturday), there is the Please Touch Museum up there.  Also, there is the Hands On House in Lancaster.

There is also Chuck E Cheese on 202.  Might or might not work out.

I would also highly suggest posting this on The Nest board; most of them are parents and will be able to tell you where to head for fun at that age.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    :::facepalm::: I can't believe I didn't think of the DCM...the construction division of my company built that damn place, haha.

Good idea asking the Nest, I'll try that!

Thanks Brit :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also try the Delaware Museum of Natural History...it's geared towards kids.  It's near Winterthur on Rt. 52. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards