North Carolina-Outer Banks

AMMC Photography

Does anyone know of or had dealings with them?
I like their portfolio on the website, but can't seem to get ahold of anyone.

Just looking for some reviews or wondering if I should just keep looking?

Thanks. :)

Re: AMMC Photography

• edited December 2011
    When I contacted them last summer about shooting our wedding this June, they said they were relocating and would no longer be in the OBX for weddings 2011 and beyond.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Oh sad....thanks for the update though.

Any suggestions on good photogs?? :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think I spoke with Mike from Island Photography last summer.  Do you know if he happens to work at Barrier Island Station and his wife does something with Grande Ritz Palm??

If so, then we defintiely talked to him.  Does he have a website? 
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Mike and Allie Hawkins at Island Photography. Love, love, love their work and when we met with them they felt like fun, old friends.  We're going to have a great time and get amazing pictures, I just know it.

Our second choice was George Farah.  He was MUCH more budget friendly, met with us and his wife in their home, and seems so laid back.  In the end, I was a little worried about not having a second photographer though.

We also met with Kristi Midgette (didn't find her as personable) and Coleman Shots.  Colemans shots was very friendly too, just didn't make the cut compared to the Hawkins.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted to go with AMMC too but also discovered they were no longer serving the OBX.

I really wanted Matt Lusk...he does amazing wedding photos as well as freestyle ocean and surf shots....absolutely amazing pics!  He was booked for our date so we went with Outer Banks Productions and are very very happy that we did!

I see that you are getting married THIS Sept so I would get on the phone asap b/c a lot of vendors have already booked up.

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    P.S.  The girls on this board are very very helpful with all things OBX so feel free to reach out to any of us if you need some advice, suggestions, etc. along the way ;)

• edited December 2011
    I agree with a PP - hurry with booking someone! september in OBX is super busy for weddings and most of the great photographers are going to be booked by now.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks Ladies!!
    We actually haven't set our date for this September...we had been planning like a year ago, then I kept flip flopping my mind about the type of wedding I wanted...so it's been pushed back.

I guess I should update my profile :)

Thanks for the suggestions and I will definitely be making an appearance on this board, since I'm PRETTY sure OBX is our final wedding location!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards