Just Engaged and Proposals

proposal speech or just the question and paris?

Hello all . The groom to be here woth a last minute question or two. I have written a 3 pagebletter to my gf that i wanted to read to her at the time i propose to her tomorrow but now im woderib if i shoukd ask the question and then read it or read it and then get on my knee and propose to her . Also i had a  song picked for the occasion to play while read and propose to her; somebody by depeche mode  

And the other question is should i propose to her at the eiffek tower as originally planned or by the bridge of locks so it wont be so expected or cliche?

Tks

Re: proposal speech or just the question and paris?

• 1) My Fi did a nice speach before he proposed, which was lovely, but I'd time myself reading the letter first. If it's going to take several minutes to get through, I might consider saying somethin  sweet, proposing, and then giving her the letter to read herself. I have to say, I much prefered my FI just saying what he felt than just reading off pages. That's me though.

2) I personally would prefer the bridge, but I'm not a fan of the effiel tower/would want a little more unique a place to talk about in a proposal story (since EVERYONE asks the first few months you're engaged). You know youre GF better than me though.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Just want you to know the idea of the "bridge of locks" in Paris and various other countries got started from a scene in a movie that probably only came out less than 10 years ago; I am pretty sure it was an Italian rom-com. It has no historical significance, you are just copying the movie. So, if you are looking for a super romantic paris proposal, I wouldn't do it there. The Ponte Neuf, anywhere along the seine, or at the base of the eiffel tower at night are much more significant and classic locations
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OjitosVerdesOjitosVerdes member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    Congrats on your proposal! If it hasn't happened yet I also suggest avoiding the Eiffel tower or the "love bridges", unless you think she'd really appreciate either. 

I got engaged in France just a month ago - we spent time in Paris, but he proposed on Mont Saint-Michel. It was amazing. :)
  • My FI forgot to even ask until later that night when his mom was like "what did you say Joe tell us everything?" He responed "I don't even remember what I said!!" My mom then said "did you atleast ask her?" I jumped in "he said 'so is that a yes?'!!" The moms then made him ask in front of them! it was cute!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards