Pennsylvania-Central

Best dresses/DJ/photographer/videographer for under $1000???

Hi everyone.  I'm attempting to find the cheapest but nicest quality vendors for the following:  wedding dress? photographer?  videographer?  and dj?

Any suggestions?

Re: Best dresses/DJ/photographer/videographer for under $1000???

• edited December 2011
    If you mean individually less than $1K, my dress was purchased at DB during one of their big sales and I used a gift card handed out at a bridal expo total = $350!

DJ - using Adam McCallister (Birdsnest Productions) $600 (?) 5 hours

Photog - Solas (can Google: from Carlisle)

Videographer - web.mac.com/videomovieguy

Total (booked in 2009) = 2,350 before tax, etc.  Prices may have changed, I know that Solas did for sure.
  • aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh thanks! Yeah I mean individually.  Unfortunately, Solas is booked for my date :(:(

• edited December 2011
    There was a post on here within the last month with photographers less than $1K and rights to photos, hopefully it is easy to find!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!! Suzanne's Bridal in Gettysburg or Sandy's in Chambersburg for dresses, almost all of them under 1000. DJ- I can tell you which one NOT to use. Starshot Entertainment. He does these great packages and has a great website and email manners but is a TERRIBLE... i repeat TERRIBLE DJ. Photographer, I used Donnie Thompson in Gettysburg, he did like 4 hours for 500 and I get all my pics on a CD.
  • edited December 2011
    My dress was under 1000, and it's from J and B Bridal in Chambersburg.  As far as DJ, I think we'll be using Adam McAllister as well, we're talking with him now.  Photographer, we're using Solas, and I'm just starting to look into a videographer.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from DB for $350 on sale.  They are having great sales right now on some of their dresses.  DJ-  I am using The Pro's which is costing me $600 but if you book them at one of their wine and cheese shows you get $50 off.  Photographer-  I am using an amazing photographer her name is Kristen.  Here is her website if you want to check out her work and prices.  She takes some great pictures and has some great ideas.  http://www.wix.com/KristenCharron/KristenCharronPhotography. and we are not using a videographer so I can't help you with that. 
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Dress at David's Bridal in York.
    DJ from Complete Music in Lancaster (they serve the york/hbg/gburg area)

• psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dress at Alfred Angelo - $600.  

Photographer & DJ - The Pros - Total $1600.  Then we got the DJ on his own time for about $300 more for 4 hrs.  (if you go to a showcase and book then, you get deals)  They also have videographers and were the cheapest we could find.
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • *wickedsmart**wickedsmart* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Simple Life Portraits (they have raised their prices a bit since our wedding, but still very reasonable)
    Penguin Productions DJ... very good, not expensive
  • *wickedsmart**wickedsmart* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Simple Life Portraits (they have raised their prices a bit since our wedding, but still very reasonable)
    Penguin Productions DJ... very good, not expensive
  • troxellatroxella member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

We are using Tiffany Blackwell for photography and all of her packages with the exception of 1 are under $1,000 and include full rights to your photos on a CD.

• edited December 2011
    Troxella, do u have any contact info for Tiffany Blackwell?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards