Destination Weddings Discussions

No more sad ones after this...

hey ladies,

I just wanted to thank all of you for listening to my story. These last few days have been really rough and it has helped so much to know that I can post about it here and have everyone's concern and support. You ladies have really become like family to me and you'll never know how much I appreciate it.

So many parts of my hometown are unrecognizable and I'm sickened with every story I hear about the losses. I was one of the lucky ones... All of my family is safe, and although my cousin lost her house, we are not left with/without anything that cannot be replaced.

This experience has been life changing and reaffirmed my beliefs that we should never take anything or anyone for granted. I am so much more appreciative of the people in my life and see the importance of expressing how you feel to those people.

With that, it's back to only happy wedding stories from me! Thank again for hearing me out! You ladies truly are the best!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: No more sad ones after this...

• Jules, love that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel despite the destruction.  Thankfully you and your family are all okay and can lean on each other to heal and rebuild!  We love ya girl!  Take care and keep your head up :-)
  • Thanks Nic for being such a great friend! Your text really made me smile... :)
  • So glad you and your family made it through safe and (relatively) sound. 

And FWIW, I think that your attitude of appreciating what you have, and not taking things for granted is a model that everyone should aim for, whether or not they've been affected by the storm. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry about your cousin's house, but glad to hear your family is safe.  It's good to see your spirts are up- that helps so much in dealing with traumatic experiences.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hang in there. You are stronger than you know. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards