Nevada-Las Vegas

Which hotels allow outside catering?

Can someone point me in the right direction, please Laughing

I'm looking for a few hotels that would not require me to use their catering for an in-suite party. I want to be able to pick my own caterer and bartender. 

I would prefer something on the strip, but slightly off-strip is ok too, so long as it's not too far. 

Thanks! 

Re: Which hotels allow outside catering?

• Basically none; that's their bread and butter thanks to the jacked up prices.  Most you can get away with catering it yourself if you're using a room that can also be a normal hotel room and just don't tell them; strip resorts have random people dragging coolers and things across the lobby all day long so it doesn't really draw attention.

If you're having a big in-suite, look at the Stardust Suite at the Orleans, it's huge, and they do require you use their catering, but the way it works is you have a food and beverage minimum and the room comes free; their rates are reasonable.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Thanks! I just emailed them for more info. That suite is amazing. 

I was looking at the Vista suite at MB. I've seen a lot of other brides mention it on various forums. Some have said they were able to basically "sneak" catering....I just don't know if I'm confortable with that, unless it's almost gauranteed that they don't care. 
  • edited December 2012
    I checked out The Orleans a few weeks ago. I can't remember the quote they gave me, but it was very reasonable, considering you get the suite for free and (IIRC) a huge discount on the adjoining bedroom. When I did the math, the food and beverage came out right around whatever a restaurant would charge. We're definitely putting them at the top of our list.

They're off-strip but not WAY off-strip. It'll still be easy enough for people to get to/from the reception if they're staying on the strip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_which-hotels-allow-outside-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:fa4b3370-b281-4141-956c-bf491e64868dPost:797c6378-e4df-4306-8982-2aa226d8dacd">Re: Which hotels allow outside catering?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I checked out The Orleans a few weeks ago. I can't remember the quote they gave me, but it was very reasonable, considering you get the suite for free and (IIRC) a huge discount on the adjoining bedroom. When I did the math, the food and beverage came out right around whatever a restaurant would charge.[/QUOTE]

Found my email! It's from a few months ago, so the prices may have changed (or they may be dependent upon your wedding date).

They quoted us $3500.00 minimum with a $1000 deposit. That includes the suite, and if the two-bedroom suite next door isn't booked, you get it for free that night. I believe it's called the Presidential Suite.

I've been reading reviews, and everyone has very good things to say about having their reception there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_which-hotels-allow-outside-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fa4b3370-b281-4141-956c-bf491e64868dPost:8ec4bfac-96d2-4943-a8f7-7783837ce73c">Re: Which hotels allow outside catering?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! I just emailed them for more info. That suite is amazing.  I was looking at the Vista suite at MB. I've seen a lot of other brides mention it on various forums. Some have said they were able to basically "sneak" catering....I just don't know if I'm confortable with that, unless it's almost gauranteed that they don't care. 
    Posted by MeghanERobertson[/QUOTE]

I have some tips on my site related to the vista suite: <a href="http://www.vegasgroom.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.vegasgroom.com</a>

Basically the only people who have had issues with security or being asked to vacate are those that drew attention to themselves, such as a DJ with too loud music or a dance floor that let everyone's shoes make enough noise either out the walls or perhaps to the floor below.  I think the Orleans is still the safer bet though, and your guests won't have that BS mandalay resort fee lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We booked at The Platinum, and they either didn't notice, or didn't care that we had TONS of food brought in from Jason's Deli, as well as cupcakes from Pick Your Poison.. They also didn't notice, or didn't care, that they valet parked 12 cars and almost 30 people came to our room.  The hotel is gorgeous, not too far off strip, and the staff is excellent!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We looked at Orleans and Platinum but considered them too far off strip. Aria told me they'd allow outside catering with no problem but we ended up going with a different property (with catering) so I didn't actually test them on this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards