Kentucky

The Bell House in Lexington Kentucky?

Has anyone seen or been to a wedding at the Bell House in Lexington Ky? I haven't really been able to get much information on it but I hear it's really pretty and reasonable with the price. I live in Detroit right now but having my wedding in Kentucky where I originally from. Having a hard time with some research. Thanks for any help!

Re: The Bell House in Lexington Kentucky?

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My grandparents used to live across the street from it.  I've never been to a wedding, there, though.  I think the max capacity is 100 people, though, so if you have more guests than that you might want to cross it off your list.  From, everything I've seen and read, it's really lovely and affordable, but very small.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Bell House (both ceremony and reception) in April of this year. I have loads of info. Anything specific you're looking for?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in October of this year and was looking at the Bell House as a place for the reception/ceremony. If you could send me any info you have on the pricing and other details that would be great. I have looked and can't seem to find details about the rental of the space. My email is georgialee05@hotmail.com - any info you have would be great!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you still get on here & could send me the info on the Bell House I would really appreciate it! I am trying to plan a wedding downtown Lexington and heard about the house but can't locate very much info. My email is georgialee05@hotmail.com - any help you can give would be great!!!!
  • Sparke859Sparke859 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love some info about the bell house if you wouldn't mind :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • abb623abb623 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I just ran across your board about the Bell House. I am in the process of planning my wedding and my fiance came across the bell house when he was looking up places to have the ceremony and reception. If you are able to could you please send me any infromation or ideas that you may have about the Bell House. I hope that his isn't bothering you, I know you are probably getting really busy with plans now since your wedding is so close! If you are able to send me anything my email is abockelman@mesaer.com. Thank you so much and good luck with everything! Congratulations though on your upcoming wedding! It's such an exciting time:)
  • edited December 2011

Wow, I had no idea that so many people were using this place! I am considering this venue for my own wedding and I would love to know more about it. If anyone is able to shoot me a quick E-mail, my address is Emilypatrick4@hotmail.com, I would love to know know more about it. I have found a few pictures on the internet and I was wondering if anyone knows what the colors are in the main reception area? I am going to go take pictures during the first week of April and would love to share these with anyone who wants more information!  

• edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any information about The Bell House? I've looked all over & am having no luck finding anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! You can email me at ambie_73@yahoo.com Thank you in advance!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind, can you send me some info on the Bell House as well?  In regards to pricing?   My e-mail is cxc494@yahoo.com
  • abb623abb623 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just toured the bell house this past weekend and it is absolutely gorgeous! It is kind of on the small side and chopped up so I am not sure if it will work for what I have in mind. also the max amount of people for a sit down reception is 100 ppl and 150 for a cocktail reception. This is enforced by their fire codes. They have an adorable bridal suite that has a huge mirror and large bathroom. There is only one pedestal sink though, so that might be a little hard to get ready with. They also have a nice sized grooms suite. Not as pretty but totally fine for the guys. There is a back stair case and the front main stair case that gives you options on how you want to come down if you plan to get married there. You can also have the ceremony outside on the front porch.

One of the main things that I wasn't fond of was the the ceremony would have to be turned into where the reception would be so all 100 people would have to be moved to the other smaller rooms, one beign where the food would be so there woudln't be much room.

There is a good sized kitchen for the caterer and there is a maintenance person that would be there for the entire event to help setup/take down chairs take out the trash and sweep and mop the floors. The only thing that you would have to take care of is anythign you bring into the house, like catering stuff, decorations, flowers, etc.

The rental rate is $100 per hour. This includes the maintenance cleaning person. Howver, if you plan to get ready there you have to factor that into the amount of hours you rent it for. There is a $30 alcohol permit fee that is non refundable. They also charge you $100 for the rehearsal if you chose to have your ceremony there. So that would be around $200. They allow you to come in the day before and decorate as long as no event is planned and someone is available.

They allow outside catering, but the oven is not very big so the food would pretty much have to be ready to be served once there.

This is a great venue if you have a smaller wedding and don't mind shuffling things around if you get married there as well. It would be perfect if I just wanted to have a reception there. It has wonderful character and is very convenient to downtown. I definitley would suggest it if it fits your wedding party. I might still consider it if I can figure out how to cut down my list!

Good luck everyone with your decsisions! I have actual pics that I took this past weekend if you want them. Just let me know your email on here. I check it everyday pretty much and can get back to you pretty fast.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I wanted to know if you had any photo's of the Bell House, inside. Please email me at antoniotaste@yahoo.com, planning on having the wedding Aug 27, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Would love any info and especially pics of this place..please send to blue_iiies@yahoo.com   Thank you very much
  • edited December 2011
    Would really appreciate any photos that could be sent to..blue_iiies@yahoo.com
    Thank you very much..
  • edited December 2011
    Would you mind emailing me some pictures?  My daughter is having a wedding in December and we need to move fast!  Thank you!
  • bunnymamabunnymama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am getting married next spring at the Bell House.  I would love to see the pictures you have.  My email is bunnymama7@hotmail.com.  Thanks
  • bunnymamabunnymama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wondering if you would mind sharing your wedding photos from August.  I am planning a spring wedding there and would like to see how it looks in photos.  My email is bunnymama7@hotmail.com.  Thanks
  • Savannahraye13@hotmail.com Can you send me pictures? Thank:)
  • If it would not be too much trouble, could you send me a phone number or some pictures of the Bell House. I am considering it in my plans but can't find any information online. Thanks. My email is vickiswitch@yahoo.com. :)
  • if anyone has any of the aforementioned photos, information, or suggestions about the bell house, i would greatly appreciate it if you could forward it on to me.
    Thanks!

mjdmomrn@aol.com
  • Ok everyone here is the website to find out info on the bell house: http://www.lexingtonky.gov/index.aspx?page=2917. My parents got married here in 1989. Their pictures are beautiful, the location is ideal for a cozy wedding. They have bride and groom rooms upstairs, a parlor, a ballroom, a dining room, kitchen, foyer and front hall downstairs. The steps in the foyer are an ideal place for bridal party pictures. I hope this info helps everyone!
  • In Response to Re: The Bell House in Lexington Kentucky?:

Hey, Im not sure if you still get on here but I was wondering if you do, is there any way you stil have any pictures for the Bell House? Thanks for all the info you posted about it. I am stressing trying to find a cute little spot for a wedding and/or reception. Im only inviting about 50-75 to the wedding. Were having pretty small, so sounds like it may work for us. Were thinking about August sometime. If you do get this and can email me any pictures you still have i'd really appreciate it. My email is tvance1231@aol.com.

Thanks again :)
    Taryn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards