Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Currently going through tattoo removal

Hello ladies, I am currently going through tattoo removal and I am not doing it just for my wedding, but for other personal reasons. I am simply starting this discussion to let you all know that I went to several doctors and consultations over the course of a year and finally decided the best course of action would be removal. Although it is a risk and expensive, I am hoping to have good results. I am going to a wonderful doctor and if you are in the long island area I can certainly give you information. I am here to offer support or my thoughts to anyone considering it or on the fence about it.

Mine is a 2 inch by 2 inch black ink script tattoo on my inner bicep that will take approximately 7 sessions to remove. If anyone is interested in more information about removal, the feeling, the treatment itself, or anything, please feel free to respond here.

No judging on the tattoo removal please as this is a personal decision for several reasons I choose not to openly discuss.

Thanks ladies

Re: Currently going through tattoo removal

• Options
    You're not alone!!  I am having a tattoo removed from my upper shoulder.  It's about the same size, and blank ink only.  I was told up to 8 sessions.  After 5, it looks very faded.  My FI says he can barely see any black ink left, however the skin underneth is paler than the skin around it. 
    I too, did it for reasons other than the wedding.  I actually started it before I was engaged!  I applaud your honesty and courage on here, and want you to know that!  Good luck with it, it hurts like crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_currently-going-through-tattoo-removal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:0612c5e6-5140-4c76-b993-62202a80a7b9Post:76384cd0-b240-4544-ac9d-f35f3cf27a2d">Re: Currently going through tattoo removal</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're not alone!!  I am having a tattoo removed from my upper shoulder.  It's about the same size, and blank ink only.  I was told up to 8 sessions.  After 5, it looks very faded.  My FI says he can barely see any black ink left, however the skin underneth is paler than the skin around it.  I too, did it for reasons other than the wedding.  I actually started it before I was engaged!  I applaud your honesty and courage on here, and want you to know that!  Good luck with it, it hurts like crazy!
    Posted by miranda holly[/QUOTE]

Hey!! Thanks so much! I am only going into my 2nd treatment, so far I don't notice any difference and it's not painful, I guess because of the litocane shot. I felt it hurt more to get the actual tattoo. But its good to hear that yours is really faded after 5. Are you naturally tan? Because I think if you are tan then the skin will be paler. I have a probem because I have my tattoo shaded in with white. The laser doesnt detect white and can cause problems of turning gray if it oxidizes which could mean more treatments..But anyways, its nice to know someone else is going through it too! Thanks for responding and thanks for your thoughts! Best of luck and I hope you get the results you want :)
  • Options
    Glad to hear you ladies are having good experiences! I went only twice, and decided to get my tattoo fixed instead of removed, as the two times I went were excruciatingly painful, and there was no progress at all. (I had a friend who went for removal of a tattoo that covered his entire arm, and after one session it has gone from dark black to pale grey). Good luck!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    hey! hope you are happy with your tattoo now that you got it fixed :) I am seeing some progress and I am only in my second treatment. I will update you all when I am further into the treatment! Best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards