Wedding Etiquette Forum

Merry Christmas Eve eve...

Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...

• H and I have joint checking and savings. Both of our paychecks are directly deposited into the account. We pay all bills out of that acct, including his student loans and my car pmt. I have a checking acct with a bank here bc the first place I worked down here did not offer direct deposit and my bank was not here. I also still have my own savings acct that I have not transfered the money to our joint yet. I have mixed feelings on this one and H hasn't pressured me to do anything with it if I don't want to.
  • Yeah, right now all the savings and retirement stuff I have is in my name only with him as my named beneficiary.  I'm sure we'll combine eventually, but I"m in no rush.
  • Ok, so my motivation is slim today.  I blame the rain.

Right now H's pay covers the mortgage and CS Payments and I am covering everything else. 

We have the joint accts here, His account here and my account in the US (to cover the US bills).  We both have access to all the accounts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • anyone been to aruba?  have a hotel recommendation that isn't $400 a night?
    Photobucket
  • I have not heard good things about aruba.  unless you like to gamble.
  • H and I were just there, but only for a cruise stop.  We actually really liked it, but of course we were only there for 8 hours.  My mom has always wanted to go - they were supposed to go for their honeymoon (I think) but couldn't due to a hurricane, so she wants a girls trip next Christmas.  She is content with a nice beach, I am content with a nice beach and liquor :)
    Photobucket
  • How about Belize?  I've been wanting to go there.
  • H and I are going there in Sept :)
    Photobucket
  • I want to stay here:
    Daff mentioned it once.  Looks lovely.
    Photobucket
  • Come to Bali.  I can meet you there.  R/T flights from here are around $200.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:97974cae-8b0d-4f75-be65-f37e46636a11">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Come to Bali.  I can meet you there.  R/T flights from here are around $200.
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]
    Ohhh I would love to go to Bali.  
    Photobucket
  • Hi everyone.  Sorry, I took a phone call from a friend.

KJB, my parents went to Aruba quite some time ago and I have friends that honeymooned there last June.  I'll ask them where they stayed.
    Anniversary
  • I didn't love Bali.  We were there a year and a half ago, and the open sewers and stray dogs bugged me.  I only liked staying at the estate, but I didn't like going into town.
  • I really wanted to go to Bali for our HM.  Neither time nor funds would allow it.
    Anniversary
  • stray dogs make me sad :(  i almost cried in dominica cause of a poor skinny dog near the port.  And a puppy in aruba.  if i could have figured out how to smiggle a dog onto a cruise ship, i would have.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:4bfc60f5-9206-4aad-bee8-78eebf46485a">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]stray dogs make me sad :(  i almost cried in dominica cause of a poor skinny dog near the port.  And a puppy in aruba.  if i could have figured out how to smiggle a dog onto a cruise ship, i would have.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

OMG, there was a dock puppy in Egypt that the chef and I were trying to figure out how to smuggle on board the yacht.  Getting her out of Egypt would have been no big deal, getting her into Malta wouldhave been the issue.

It was so obvious that she was the Omega of the pack.  Broke our hearts.
  • I mean, we saw plenty of stray dogs, most looked like they were getting enough food.  But a few looked so emaciated.  Poor things.
    Photobucket
  • I was told in Bali that they won't kill the dogs because of their beliefs, but they also won't keep them and feed them, also because of their beliefs.  So at one point, there were a million stray dogs on that little island until an Australian group went in and started a spay/neuter and release program.  It was still pretty bad.

But I'll show you a picture of a dog we found in the gutter on our way back from Ku De Ta: 

• I have never been to Aruba. We only slightly considered it for our HM.

What about St. Lucia or Barbados? We really wanted to go there, but didn't have enough money or time.
  • If we could have found a way to sneak her into Thailand, then Korea, then Hawaii before returning to California, we would have.  But she was only about 3 weeks old, so she was too young to get her shots.  And our international airline wouldn't allow pets in the main cabin, and she could not have survived in the luggage area for the flight.  :(  I get a little sniffly when I think about leaving her behind.
  • I've been to Jamaica, the Bahamas and Grand Cayman.  All are nice but I can't think of anything specific that made them special.  Cancun is easy and reasonably priced.
  • Bali seems pretty interesting. I am reading that book Eat, Pray & Love and her travels take her there. I was given the book by a friend. It isn't bad and I have learned a lot of cultural things in it.
  • ok, I found a table cloth and some holiday candles that used to only be decoration (but they didn't survive the transpacific crossing as well as one would hope so...) now they will be burned.

Christmas eve decorating is done.

I just feel bad because I know what my Christmas tables CAN be.  my poor DH.  I feel so sorry for him,

• Don't feel sorry for him, aMrs.  I'm sure your Christmas table is awesome, and what matters most is that you're together.
  • I'm sure your Christmas table is great, aMrs!
    Anniversary
  • Eh, she wants to go to Aruba, so that's where we're going.  
    You found someone to take that dog in, right Mica?  I think I remember you mentioning that before.  Once I get my animal rescue up and running, I want to have a division that implements programs like TNR in other countries.  Yeah, I dream big :)
    Photobucket
  • I am sure your house looks very nice, aMrs. And I remember last year I was even less in the spirit than I am this year and I didn't get all my decorations out either. We don't even have stockings bc I am a picky as$ and couldn't find any I liked this year. I had high hopes of doing a stocking for H and all, but oh well.
  • Well, its time for me to sign off for tonight. Good night ladies!

Santa comes tomorrow night! HO HO
  • Good night Missy!

It is actually time for me to walk the dog and then lay down myself.  Good night everyone.  Merry Christmas eve eve!
    Anniversary
  • Yes, I found a home for the puppy.  Here she is with her new owner:

I want to rescue dogs when I have a house with a yard.  That's a dream of mine from when I was searching for my rescue dog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards