October 2012 Weddings

Wedding dress

What did everyone do with their dress after their wedding? Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't get theirs cleaned yet. I know they say that you should clean it as soon as possible after the wedding to prevent stains from setting. It's been about a month now and it still hasn't been cleaned. I wanted to do a trash the dress shoot probably on our 1 yr anniversary...but not actually trash it..probably just get it wet. So I don't necessarily want to preserve the gown just yet if I am going to take it out in a year to wear. Seems pointless. But I think it should be cleaned before then so any stains don't become set in the dress and it looks crappy for my shoot. I hope a month isn't too long...

Anyone else not get theirs cleaned yet? When do you plan to? Also, anyone have an idea of cost?
Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2

Re: Wedding dress

• I haven't gotten mine cleaned yet, eek! Really do need to get on that though :/ I'm hoping to get to it within the next week or so!
    Anniversary
  • I haven't got mine cleaned yet either. I don't know what I'm doing with it yet either. I know I got a price quote of $175 for cleaning and preserving. I don't know how much just cleaning would cost. I want to frame my dress in our bedroom like I saw on Pinterest in a closet. I don't know if its something H and I will be able to do anytime soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't got mine cleaned and preserved yet either. I got a coupon for 50 dollars off preservation if I go to the place I bought my dress.  My mom is actually going to cover the cost of that, so that is a relief. 

I would imagine that it costs more to preserve than clean it.  I would ask around for the best value in dress cleaning.  Would it be possible for you to do some spot cleaning for your photo shoot and then get it cleaned after that?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mine hasn't been cleaned yet.  I left it at my mom's and she was going to take care of it, but she paid for a lot of the wedding and with Christmas, she can't afford to get it cleaned right away (they quoted her at about $180).  I can't decide if getting it cleaned is really a priority....I'm not ever going to wear it again.  There's no noticable stains.

I might do a "trash" the dress shoot.  Maybe I'll decide after then.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine hasn't been cleaned yet either from a 10/6 wedding. My neighbor is fixing all of the beading and then I am going to go get it cleaned somewhere.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mine has been cleaned and preserved, but that's because my mom got a groupon deal for it before the wedding, and it had to be done fairly quickly after the wedding. I'm now wishing it had just been cleaned because I would love to do another shoot in it... *sigh* I love my dress. haha
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine hasn't been cleaned yet either. I havent decided if I am even going to bother. The only part that's dirty is underneath the train, and no one sees that anyway.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Mine hasn't been cleaned and it's been a month.....I don't know if I want to preserve it or what I want to do with it period.  I love my dress, but don't want to trash it.  I don't think it's worth preserving either.  idk

• I got mine cleaned and preserved a week or so after the wedding. The place that I went through affiliated with the store that I bought my dress from will redo it for free at any point if I would decide to get my dress out. Maybe you could see if any place would do that for you since you want to use it around your anniversary?
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • I haven't had a it cleaned. I took a good look at it and it's really not dirty except for the underside of the hem. 

I'm doing my TTD shoot in January so I'll get it cleaned after that.
    Anniversary
  • omg- i need to get on this too- my dress bottom is filthy- the bustle fell while i was dancing and my sister asked if i wanted to go rebustle it and i said no dont worry about it< i didnt want to leave to redo it i was having too much fun and the night was going so fast so i didnt want to miss more! but then we went to the bar in the hotel after the reception and it got filthy there!
  • I haven't cleaned mine yet. The train is the only part noticeably dirty, I won't preserve it. I am not really sure what I will do, but bet it just hangs in the closet!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I haven't cleaned mine yet, either. :-/ Hopefully soon. I need to figure out a cheaper way to do it, I really don't want to spend $200 on it.
    Anniversary
  • Whew this thread makes me feel better! haha I'm (eventually) going to have it preserved and cleaned but need to get around to it. The organza layer on top of the layer underneath didn't bustle unfortunately and so the lace and organza are extremely dirty. 
  • My dress is absolutely ruined!  The entire bottom is ripped up.  I'm not going to bother cleaning it, but I'll keep it.
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards