Chit Chat
Options

So this just happened (…grab a bevie & enjoy the full recap ;)

Re: So this just happened (…grab a bevie & enjoy the full recap ;)

• Options

Found this gem while killing time at work this weekend. I can't wait to hear how it went! My FI who is working with me this weekend is also curious to see how it turned out. He seems most concerned on if they will feed you or not.

• Options
    I can't wait to hear updates.

Also, as someone who is a Hello Kitty fanatic (I even have her tattooed on me) I am hoping she makes an appearance at this wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Oh, ladies....I snuck away...while they are doing the flippin' MONEY DANCE. Just y'all wait. It's been epic.
    I want more!

And shame on you for sneaking away.  You had a duty to the Knotties to stick out through every tacky minute! :-P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Pretty please!

image   image   image

• Options
    There are no words, my friends. None. I'm going to bed, but FI & I spent the drive gone listing the "oh, no you did'nt" & I'll post in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    omg it's the morning I NEED UPDAAAATES!!!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Wake up wake up wake up!!!

• Options
    Aw c'mon!  I was looking forward to spending my Mother's Day coffee reading this!  
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Rise and shine! We need the deets!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer

There are no words, my friends. None. I'm going to bed, but FI & I spent the drive gone listing the "oh, no you did'nt" & I'll post in the morning.

Tease!
    Anniversary
  • Options
      WAKE UP !!!!!!!  It's 8:53 am now.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I have to be at work in 2 hours and I need to know this before I go. It's imperative.
  • Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I am stuck in bed with only my dog and TK as company while FI and FSS finish their surprise. I need this update!
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    Y'all - the knot is being highly uncooperative today!! It just took me 30 minutes to get logged in from my phone. I'll be home and by the computer in an hour and can then - FINALLY - share the list of wrongs from last night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Argh! Stoopid TK! Now I have to wait until tonight.
  • Options
    Stupid site!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    afox007afox007 member
    You're so mean it was her speshul day!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I cannot handle the fact that the venue was gross/dirty. Just no...you could have spent a small fortune on buzz and not been drunk enough.
    ETA So much wrong!
  • Options

Okay, I've poured myself a nice Bloody Mary, survived the trip to the store in a fucking May snowstorm, and am now ready to share in this goodness.

Let's start with the good, because believe it or not, there were a couple redeeming factors…

* The wine! Oh, the wine! Brides Dad is a wine aficionado and brought the 1978 Robert Mondavi reserve Cab & it was heavenly!
    * FOOD! There was actually food! And it wasn't terrible (except for the marshmallow salad thing…and the cake, but we'll get to that in the "bad" list).

And now the bad. Holy hell, get ready…

*Venue = gross. Really, really gross. FI said the bathrooms were worse than gas station ones. I refused to go all night. My poor bladder. And it was just plain dirty everywhere…light switches were literally black from dirt, and they had christmas lights strung around the windows, half of which didn't work. Very random, very tacky.
    * Ceremony started late. Shocking.
    * And speaking of ceremony, they read aloud love letters, the reverend (who had a thick accent and was barely understandable) told the story of how they met in a bar, the reading was spoken song lyrics, they did some sort of bizarre rose exchange/unity thingy AND a hand fasting, and they signed the marriage certificate right in the middle of it all.
    * Attire (remember, it was dictated that all should wear "cocktail attire") was alllll over the board. Lots of tieras, handful of stripper shoes but more crocs, couple men in tuxes and couple in jeans & t-shirts, and one girl was dressed like the little mermaid. Note to lurkers: take this as proof that telling guests what to wear is a waste of time!
    * There was no cocktail hour (obviously), but instead we were corralled into the entry way for 45 minutes while they moved the tables & pictures were taken. They couldn't even open the cash bar then because the bar tender was schlepping tables.
    * And then there's the cash bar, with no less than 5 (yes, FIVE) tip jars. We spent 80 bucks. And I didn't get nearly as drunk as I needed to be to numb the pain.
    * They did a bouquet toss, garter toss, AND money dance. The money dance was announced 4 times ("time for the money dance" "everyone better get up here" "last chance for the money dance" "come on those of you in the back, bring your money up and dance").
    * Oh, and there wasn't a receiving line OR table greets. We didn't talk to the bride until we went up to her to say goodbye.
    * BM speech was terribly uncomfortable, withe the highlight being when he told the twice divorced groom that hopefully "third time is the charm". Yes, there were audible gasps, one chick who busted out laughing, and the bride who looked like she wanted to punch the dude in the face.
    * The cake was terrible. Dry, flavorless, grocery store sugar frosting…and the topers fell off and landed face down in the grooms cake. 
    * Hello Kitty! Sadly for us, bride was not in a themed gown, but the head table (on the stage/dance floor) was decorated with various HK items. And while not the subject of head table, the wedding party was split from their SO.
    * And last, but not least, MOG took a digger on the dance floor. While doing the electric slide.

So, there you have it. Y'all should love me for taking one for the TK team and enduring such madness. And now I must go drink more, because reliving it as given me the twitches. 
    Aww, thanks for being on Team TK and sharing!! That was hilarious.

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    i hope the caterer was an outside venue.  I would be scared to eat if the place was that dirty.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I am so jealous. I have never been to a train wreck wedding!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    OMG a dirty venue, money dance, and Hello Kitty on the head table? Trifecta!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Oh dear lord. FI is happy they at least fed you. I am trying to picture the little mermaid prancing around with hello kitty decor and christmas lights. Everytime I do I feel ill.
  • Options
    Thanks for taking one for the team! But oh man, there is no way I would have survived it as long as you did!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    afox007afox007 member
    I wonder if the woman dressed as little mermaid did it because they were rude and dictated attire.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards