Wisconsin

Milwaukee Photographer (On a Budget)

Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for a good photographer for someone on a budget - I am looking for a photographer for a friend of mine and she's on a super tight budget (think around $500 give or take a little). Does anyone know of any photographers with that price range? Maybe a beginning photographer who is looking to make a portfolio to get started? Any information would be great! Thanks a bunch!

Renee

Re: Milwaukee Photographer (On a Budget)

• staceleigh11staceleigh11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Joe Hang, he is a little more then the $500, I want to say around $900 but it might be worth a shot.
  • WorIdTravlrWorIdTravlr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

These boards have had a history of vendors posing as brides recommending themselves. You cannot rely on the taste of others for a day that is supposed to be about you. Your best bet to avoid these scams, is to check out the vendors recommended by the knot in the vendor section.

• edited December 2011
    You could always try Craigslist or a local college to see if any grad student or someone just starting out would be interested.  $500 is a lot to a college student :)  Just ask to see their portfolio first!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_milwaukee-photographer-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:55e1440e-c2c9-4dfa-88bd-3f5aaef5d9b8Post:11fede87-3513-4bd2-9ed0-0d86c368705f">Re: Milwaukee Photographer (On a Budget)</a>:
    [QUOTE]These boards have had a history of vendors posing as brides recommending themselves. You cannot rely on the taste of others for a day that is supposed to be about you. Your best bet to avoid these scams, is to check out the vendors recommended by the knot in the vendor section.
    Posted by WorIdTravlr[/QUOTE]

Because the vendors recommended by the knot would never, ever promote themselves, amirite?  Because based on the photog board, I can name at least one very good example of one of those companies promo-ing themselves repeatedly.

Honestly, OP, I wouldn't go by what TK says.  There are other sites, like weddingwire, that include a variety of vendors with actual reviews - because I don't care what WorldTravlr says, just because the day is all about you and your FI, doesn't mean you can't look at other people's experiences and see if that helps you make your decision.  I would have loved to hear about peoples personal  experiences with the photographers I was looking at (with their pics included).  I may have made a different decision if that were the case.
    Anniversary
  • jackie5387jackie5387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would check out golden memories(GOLDENMEMORIESPHOTOGRAPHY.COM). I believe they have packages that start around $900 for all day photographs and a disk with copyrights.

• edited December 2011
    Geez WorIdTravlr you got to put that in on every post hu?  I think people get the idea.
  • musola01musola01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi-
    I chose Greg Meir photography for my somewhat budget wedding ($700 ish). He's just starting up his portfolio which is why we got him so reasonably. I'm really excited about how excited he is about getting back into photography. http://meirphotography.com/?load=html

I also looked at Matt Haas photogrpahy http://www.photorealismgallery.com/ who was very affordable at the time, but decided our styles didn't mesh. He could be spot on for your friend.

If you're really on a budget but want a certain photographer, most will work out special packages for fewer hours. Also, my fiance is very long distance and we won't be able to have engagement pictures so we asked that our photographer add an hour on to our wedding day package, or shoot the rehearsal dinner instead.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    K&M Photography in Burlington has a wide range of packages to cover every budget. www.kmphotography.biz
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, that is not me. Someone has signed up for an account with almost identical information to me. (Theirs is WorldTravlr and mine is WorldTrvlr) Whoever is posting those also used my name, my fiance's name and our wedding date. A little too ironic if you ask me.
  • hilljolleyhilljolley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try shawnamarie photography.  Ours is going to be around $650 when most others quoted us double.
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joe Hang is $1500 now....we were going with him because his pictures are great, but he raised the price quite a bit, so now I am looking into someone out of college too....I was told to post a bulletin at the local colleges! You might find someone great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • buczbr01buczbr01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photography by Brittany (it's a facebook group)

Samples:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2053038&id=59203520&l=70236ac542

$600 for the whole day. It includes all the copyrights and cds plus some proofs in an album. 
  • edited December 2011
    My bride, I'm the maid of honor :), went with Light Source Photography. The woman's name was either Catherine Warren or Cathleen Warren. Regardless, they are looking AMAZING! She is totally open for price negotiating and my friend got the CD and a full day of shooting for only a little more than you're asking! Try her, she's awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards