New York-Western

Ceremony Tent Rental

We are planning to get married May 2012 in Western NY - any time of year it is fairly iffy weather-wise...  We are having it in a park overlooking the skyline of the city.  I would like our event to be open and without a tent; however, if it is going to rain I would like to have a tent option in the wings.  Does anyone know what a general policy is?  Can you put down a non-refundable fee and if you don't need it all you lose is the deposit? OR - do you just give it up for the whole thing rain or shine?  Thank you for any insight/information!!!

Re: Ceremony Tent Rental

• hezzrozz4hezzrozz4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning to get married May 2012 in Western NY - any time of year it is fairly iffy weather-wise...  We are having it in a park overlooking the skyline of the city.  I would like our event to be open and without a tent; however, if it is going to rain I would like to have a tent option in the wings.  Does anyone know what a general policy is?  Can you put down a non-refundable fee and if you don't need it all you lose is the deposit? OR - do you just give it up for the whole thing rain or shine?  Thank you for any insight/information!!!
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would assume that is something that is different per company. I am going to move this to your local board, I believe they would know some places you could rent, and maybe some of their policies.

Happy Planning!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would contact local companies and see what there policy are. Also if it was me I would just put up the tent. This is WNY the weather is unpredictable and changes every minute plus weather forecast can't be trusted for something like a wedding.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • mcvendettamcvendetta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Cover Your Event tent company and they were really reasonable with prices. I'd call them and ask.  They have lots of different sizes etc.  If you don't have a tent, people may get really sunburnt if it doesn't rain so you may want to opt for a tent anyway. If you do need the tent, they have to come a day or two in advance to set it up and it really can't be a "day-of" decision.  I'd go with a tent, considering our weather.  Good luck!

Cover Your Event Tent Rental

6505 Schultz Rd
    Lake View, NY 14085
    716-627-5413

• Bride2012xxooBride2012xxoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with Buffalo Party Rental, they are wonderful!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards