edited December 2011

Can anyone recommend any great places in Louisville, Ky for cakes? Thanks

• ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try your local board
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    I used Simply Cakes by Dana, and she was amazing.  She was open to all ideas, traditional or unique and was the cheapest I could find in the area.  She works with the Beha Catering kitchen which is in the Gardiner Lane area.  My cake turned out AMAZING!  She charges $2 per slice and has a lot of flavors to choose from.  She uses buttercream icing and doesn't charge extra for little fondant details.  Here is a picture of my cake

Her website is simplycakesbydana.com and she is very friendly and easygoing.  She also gives you the top tier for free.  My cake served 75 and with the delivery fee it was $200 total (all cake bakers charge a delivery fee).
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Desserts by Helen.  I just had my wedding on Saturday and everything was as planned.  Everyone loved the cake (there literally was none left) and cannolis (H's cake request).  We had two flavors yellow and chocolate raspberry with buttercream frosting.  Highly recommended!  I'm going to do the rest of my vendor reviews one of these days...
  • edited December 2011
    Adrienne's in Jeffersonville is amazing. Great prices, wonderful, moist cakes. The photos don't do her cakes justice.

They're on Court Ave. in downtown Jeffersonville not far from the bridge..easy to get to.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Sweet Surrender, I'm OBSESSED and stop in to get a few slices every time I drive by the shop!!!! Totally recommend!

"If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it. Don't be mad when you see a knit cap won it. If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it."- Fenton

• Leecass18Leecass18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Metz Cakes.  I met with three different cakes plaes and loved Virginia (she owns Mertz cakes).  She takes all the time you want with her, lets you try different kinds of cakes, has very recent pictures of her cakes and they taste great.  The cakes are also reasonable. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards