South Asian Weddings

Botched Henna....HELP

Hello Ladies,

FI and I are taking engagement pictures this afternoon and yesterday I got henna done at a new place near home. (my normal lady was busy). Needless to say it looks HORRIBLE and we can't reschedule our pics. 

Do any of you have any "fix-it" advice? I tried marker, but it made it look way too dark and it washed off. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Botched Henna....HELP

• ninjakudininjakudi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm....ive heard bleach works...but wouldt not reccomend it.  maybe just soap and water? i would reccomend finding another place after you find a way to remove it. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry! I know how it is to have a not-so-great job - I'm my own practice canvas and my first attempts were terribly embarassing.

The trouble with bad henna is that it isnt' easily removable. It stains deep into your skin, so it fades naturaly as the skin sheds. The only sure-fire way to "fix" a botched henna job is to let it fade off on its own. Once it starts to get lighter, like that light-orange color, you can try exfoliating products (not too much - I scrubbed to nearly bleeding once trying to fade a bad design!), a little whitening toothpaste (not sure how well this works, never tried it), or a litte bit of very diluted bleach (careful with this - bleach is harsh and unkind to skin).

I second ninjakudi's comment about finding another place once this one fades off. You don't want them to botch your wedding henna, after all! Try here for resources:

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/where/artists.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! That henna page is great!
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure how fine/inticrite the botched area is but is there a way to have a makeup artist go in and fix it with lighter makeup and use a sealer?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards